270 Gallon "Fish Pairs Themed" Upgrade

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here watching my tank and I think my favorite fish is my Pakistan Butterfly Fish. I think I want a group of them. Granted I don’t have my angels added to the tank yet, but I really like this fish. Then I think about how difficult it was to get these fish through quarantine. I think I went through something like 5 or 6 to get get 1 to live and thrive my tank. ( would have to check my notes). What’s your favorite fish in your tank?
My trigger most days. He's like a puppy. I do also enjoy the anthias but mostly just because they are pretty.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely planning for anthias in the next tank! (Many. ~300G, all small fish?! ..is a potential..)

Nothing fancy here these days, but probably watch the Melanurus the most :)

1000015551.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any pics of the tang to share?
Such a cool and peaceful fish! He doesn’t bother anyone and goes about cleaning rocks.. just really classy looking to me! And cheap lol..
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3281.jpeg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Such a cool and peaceful fish! He doesn’t bother anyone and goes about cleaning rocks.. just really classy looking to me! And cheap lol..
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3281.jpeg
I was going to get one last week. Husband gave that "look" ... i did not get one :(

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your yellow tangs? Treatment successful?
I almost picked up 2 last week. Both my lfs here in Indy had a bunch, one large Hawaiians, the other one baby biota ones. When I went back for the Hawaiians they were gone - so I impulse bought a trigger instead.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most stunning fish in the tank is the powder brown, and fun to watch him and the kole dive in and out of the rocks. What surprised me is how much I like the filefish. Even though he hasn't eaten any aiptasia yet; the cute dopey bum.

Pics or ban.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. That's probably where I got them.
Vodka and mb7 would fix that right up! Or bacto balance but it’s more money lol..

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vodka and mb7 would fix that right up! Or nacho balance but it’s more money lol..
I was vinegar dosing for a while, probably not enough though. And I'my ATO, despite the wisdom against it. Can vodka be added to 2-part, either alk or calc?

I've been planning adding mb7 to my snow. Also more regular maintenance...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was vinegar dosing for a while, probably not enough though. And I'my ATO, despite the wisdom against it. Can vodka be added to 2-part, either alk or calc?

I dont know about vodka, but i did kalk + vinegar. Keep in mind my goal was to feed xmas worms. Some lived over 5 years.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m not sure on mixing it with 2 part but I think you can, cause many people add it to there top offs with kalk which is basically the same thing. I have a little kids medicine syringe I just suck up from a cap and squirt in my tank.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure on mixing it with 2 part but I think you can, cause many people add it to there top offs with kalk which is basically the same thing. I have a little kids medicine syringe I just suck up from a cap and squirt in my tank.
I only ask because it will be inconsistent if I don't' automate it. That kinda means in the auto-dosings or the food and I don't think that's the best option. Some could go in the snow, but still could be better at snowing the tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back