28g nanocube flow? Random flow generator worth it?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have upgraded my two back pumps to sicce silent 1.0. With this much flow some of the corals seem unhappy and I am still finding some “dead spots”. Currently I have two “duckbill” outlets.
Any advice on where to aim these?

I’m also thinking about changing the nozzles to random flow generators, but I have read mixed reviews. Thoughts?

816A20A9-4EB5-4983-BE10-02BC9886BEA6.jpeg

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My roommate had this tank and the random flow generator made a noticeable improvement. It was an SPS dominant reef tank. I think you'll likely want an extra powerhead or two on the sides of the glass for optimal flow depending on your goal.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not, I ended up having to buy the drop fit adapters as the ones I had did not fit the locline snug enough... waiting for those to arrive in the mail.

I will have 2 sicce silent 1.0 pumps so approx 250 gph on each head.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not, I ended up having to buy the drop fit adapters as the ones I had did not fit the locline snug enough... waiting for those to arrive in the mail.

I will have 2 sicce silent 1.0 pumps so approx 250 gph on each head.

have you turned them down? If not that is a lot of flow for that tank IMO. Unless you are running an sps tank?

The only thing I would consider with a RFG is do you need surface agitation? as you will be loosing a lot of that.

I would probably go for a powerhead for that tank and keep the outlets you have and point them up.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the same tank. JBJ Nano 28. I have 1 pump on each side, they each run for 15 mins. I also have 2 Hydor Coralia flow pumps on a Hydor flow circuit so they both alternate flow. I have the returns set up vertically, one pointed up a bit, get some surface agitation and one pointed down a bit. Softies and LPS but pretty much everyone seems to be happy. IMG_0392.jpg IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0395.jpg R2R Secret Santa 2020.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back