29 BioCube thoughts/Ideas??

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to keep my 29 BioCube after taking all my systems and placing them into my 240, but can't decide what to do or what direction to go with it. I'm needing thoughts from anyone that would like to express their .02 on how they'd go about it. As for me, I love my 240 and intend to have it 90% sps soon. Without going full throttle into another system (29 BC) I'd like to hear thoughs from fellow members. I've considered a frag tank, mantis tank, move my picasso pair with a few softies, or even a breeder for something. I just don't know, so any thoughts? BTW, this is still a bone stock 29 BC and if i can figure out how to make this a poll, I'll change it. Thanks for looking.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love dedicated Anenome and clownfish tanks. Inevitably this will probably end up with you having another tank down the road for their eggs lol.

I also like your mantis shrimp idea, it does seem like a lot of space for a single species but some of them would be worth it, they are really amazing animals. Also would be easy maintenance.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love dedicated Anenome and clownfish tanks. Inevitably this will probably end up with you having another tank down the road for their eggs lol.

I also like your mantis shrimp idea, it does seem like a lot of space for a single species but some of them would be worth it, they are really amazing animals. Also would be easy maintenance.

Thanks. I do love the idea of my rbta in there with my 2 picassos. Would allow me to get the latz from PIA for my mag nem! Lol. I do agree on the ease of the mantis display too.

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

ErikRdz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or give it to me :p I like the idea of having your clowns and nem in it maybe even use it to grow/trade frags

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Mantis tank idea. Can you have more than one together?? Also what about a cold water tank? It's probably more work but i love the cold water species.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Mantis tank idea. Can you have more than one together?? Also what about a cold water tank? It's probably more work but i love the cold water species.

Never gave the cold water a thought, but looking now. As for 2 mantis in there, I'm not 100% sure, but looking also (maybe a breeding pair ????). Thanks

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i have always wanted a cold water tank...I just read a few people mention that if the glass isn't thick enough it will probably sweat...Biocube might not be the best option. :(

Never gave the cold water a thought, but looking now. As for 2 mantis in there, I'm not 100% sure, but looking also (maybe a breeding pair ????). Thanks

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the mantis with some NPS.
I've always wanted a peacock mantis.

Seagars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same issue here and i sold mine. i had the hqi which imo was just 2 hot. will look at a nano set up down the road. my 175 gets my undivided attention for now.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the mantis with some NPS.
I've always wanted a peacock mantis.

Yep. That's the one I want too.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i have always wanted a cold water tank...I just read a few people mention that if the glass isn't thick enough it will probably sweat...Biocube might not be the best option. :(

Thanks.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you can't keep two mantis. They are killing machines.

Also, the mantis may rearrange all your NPS coral in the tank to his liking. They are very active and particular about their surroundings, i suggest gluing coral down to the 'scape.

Mantis surrounded by duncans and Dendros? I'm starting to see it...

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ones I've considered:

RBTA and clownfish tank...kind of a minimal aquascape but easy maintenance

Semi-NPS tank...rock covered with Duncans, Dendros, Tubastreas, Balanophyllias, and Rhizotrochus. Lots of spot feeding but massive water changes easier with smaller tank size and don't have to go overboard on lighting

Macroalgae and Seahorse tank

Single species, multiple morphs...tank full of all different morphs of acan lords all grown together so you can't see any rock. All zoas would be cool too.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you can't keep two mantis. They are killing machines.

Also, the mantis may rearrange all your NPS coral in the tank to his liking. They are very active and particular about their surroundings, i suggest gluing coral down to the 'scape.

Mantis surrounded by duncans and Dendros? I'm starting to see it...

Yeah 2 would be tough. I was only thinking if I could obtain a bonded pair. I agree on them rearranging to their liking. Thanks

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ones I've considered:

RBTA and clownfish tank...kind of a minimal aquascape but easy maintenance

Semi-NPS tank...rock covered with Duncans, Dendros, Tubastreas, Balanophyllias, and Rhizotrochus. Lots of spot feeding but massive water changes easier with smaller tank size and don't have to go overboard on lighting

Macroalgae and Seahorse tank

Single species, multiple morphs...tank full of all different morphs of acan lords all grown together so you can't see any rock. All zoas would be cool too.

Great ideas. I'm thinking the acan one would be cool, plus I've already got 3 colonies growing into each other.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do y'all think of a center piece rbta with 2 picassos and an acan garden on the floor???

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back