29 Gallon Biocube Reef

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Info:
Equipment (note: I am a big fan of Current USA and their "loop" system)
- Lighting - 1 Current USA Orbit Marine IC led (another is coming in the mail, should be here by end of week)
- Filtration
- Back of the tank sump
- UV
- Protein Skimmer
- 10 Gallon Refugium
- Flow - 1 Current USA loop 620 gph wavemaker pump (another is coming here soon, should be here by the end of the week)

Fish
- Royal Gramma (absolutely beautiful fish, best royal gramma I have ever seen, I have had him for 3-4 years now)
- 2x Clownfish coming in the mail
- 1 yellow watchman and another coming in the mail (they are both small and change genders when young, I hope to attain a breeding pair, I want to see what happens with the pistol shrimp)

Inverts
- 2x (maybe one, haven't seen the other in a while) peppermint shrimp
- pistol shrimp (lives with my current watchman goby)
- Skunk cleaner shrimp coming in the mail
- Emerald crab
- various hermits
- turbo snail (in the refugium, he kept knocking over corals and was banished)
- margarita snail
- mini-rock anemone (he's been a big pain, he's even moved to an area where I can't see him but I know he is in the way of my frogspawn's growth, I'll have to move him soon)

Coral
- 7 various zoas (2 are dying I think, one may have arrived dead, but he never really opened up)
- duncan coral
- Lavender Acan (went from 2 heads to 4 in a week or two, is that normal?)
- Gorgonian (may be dead)
- Blue clove coral
- Frogspawn (another weird growth story, went from a little thing to huge within 2 weeks)
- Random mushroom coral
- Random ricordea mushroom coral
- Green Ricordea mushroom coral (coming in the mail)
- 1 Red chalice coral (I didn't think this guy would do great, but I got him so cheap it was worth it, he hasn't really grown in the two weeks I've had him, but hasn't done bad either, looks really good though)

Here are some pics, but they're not the best as they're on my iPhone 4 (I'm not replacing it until it dies, that money is better spent on fishes) and they mainly focus on my coral, but I'll get some good fish pics next week when they are all here (not of the gobies though, I almost never seen my YW goby, I saw him peeking out today, so he is still alive, he had me worried for a bit though)

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3286.JPG IMG_3333.jpg IMG_3335.jpg IMG_3357.jpg IMG_3358.jpg IMG_3359.jpg IMG_3360.jpg
Oh btw one of my zoas has been making this weird mucus coat, it's pretty heavy and while none of the heads seem to be bothered, it certainly doesn't look good, what should I do?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back