290 gallon tank ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef2zach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef2zach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2015
Messages
169
Reaction score
91
Location
Saint Cloud, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just purchased a 290 gallon glass tank. Im in the process of getting a stand welded up for it and looking for a house to put it in lol. So in the meantime I want to get an idea of what direction to go with it. This is the first time ive ever attempted a tank of this caliber and was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on what to throw into it. Im not sure if I want to go with halides or t5s for lighting. I really dont like LED's. And as far as ecosystems go what are some cool schooling fish and some cool larger reef safe fish ( other then Tangs) to throw in there. Its gonna be a while before I actually get this monster up and running but I'll probably start a build thread later when I get it going! :D
 
A group of blue or green chromis would be nice. Maybe a halide t5 combo? That size of a tank opens up a lot of options fish wise. What fish do you feel you must have? Once you figure that out choose the other fish based on compatibility.
 
I really like blue chromis, I also want some anthias. Not sure if they are compatible or not. I asked about damsels down at the local fish store (wich is an hour away :( ), and they said that damsels can be rather agressive with other fish when they school. not sure if that would be an issue with a larger tank tough.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new