3/4" Street Spigot 90 degree elbow fit into 3/4" bulkhead?

AMDman13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I would appreciate any help. I am still in the planning / ordering phase of my salt water mixing station. I am installing into a closet and I am limited on space. I would like to use a 90 degree schedule 80 spigot (street) elbow direct out of a 3/4" slip bulkhead. I plan to glue with the ABS to PVC cement (the green stuff). The dry fit is not as tight as I am used to and makes me nervous. Anyone else have any success or know if what I propose is possible?

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use threaded bulkheads but a street elbow is made to fit in place of pipe so it should fit in that 3/4 slip bulkhead. abs to pvc has always felt like a looser fit to me than pvc-pvc or abs-abs; but I have never had a problem when using transition cement.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you really save that much space using the street elbow versus regular pipe and a regular elbow?

They sell a PVC cement for 'loose' joints. It is thicker than the standard stuff. I had good luck with it on an imperfect joint.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, sometimes they don't fit that well in the abs bulkheads. You can use the cement for loose joints and everything should be ok.

If this is going to be on a drain line where there is little pressure you can use silicone. It will fill the gap, be water tight, and reef safe. And can be removed if ever needed. NOT recommended if on a return line.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back