1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New buddies arrived!
9234E2E3-6FE1-4581-973C-028F643482F2.jpeg

I had absolutely no idea that bumble bee shrimp were so small! One of my new favorite inverts, if not my favorite! :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
Im going to need a name suggestion for the new yellow clown goby though :)
9C9D5072-C196-42F4-AAD6-7411BEE2B01E.jpeg

Side view
A1FCA321-1323-40F6-BE20-A1308AA61F90.jpeg
Top view

Everyone seems to like that rock in the corner :thinking-face: I think it is because flow is too high and that is the most sheltered part, I’ll turn flow down and see if anyone moves. I spotted a little micro brittle star in one of the pieces of live rock so that is cool, I hope there are no bad hitchhikers though.
The pico is actually 3.8 gallons so a bit bigger than the tub. I think I’m the future I’ll get a little light and throw some macro algae in there if that’s possible? Once again, any ideas for a name for not only the goby but the little bumble bee shrimp too?

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG CHANGE IN PLANS
I will be putting my pictus blenny back in my nano as I have ordered a yellow stripe clingfish! I didn't know you could get them at all here but I contacted a place and they have ordered one for me! I have asked for a small one but one of these guys will do well in my pico until it gets too big right?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant best friends :D

3351737D-E690-4949-A3E2-6972AF570193.jpeg
Just a warning on the heater;
That can risk burning your fish so if you can, get something to protect it :)

Other than that… hang on, Why didn’t you go for a Black and White Clown Goby?! This poor guy…
519D1F80-8106-4B5A-B098-FF40C16DC7AC.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think do you have some advice/know if this is a good idea or not? I know they will eat live bbs but I am hoping it will eat frozen mysis too.
that should do well, what size is your nano?
This guy will get rather large for a 3G tank and will eventually need atleast a 10G tank.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a warning on the heater;
That can risk burning your fish so if you can, get something to protect it :)

Other than that… hang on, Why didn’t you go for a Black and White Clown Goby?! This poor guy…
519D1F80-8106-4B5A-B098-FF40C16DC7AC.jpeg
I was going to! The shop last minute said they were all out :crying-face:
How would I go about protecting it? The blenny sits on it but only the part that doesn't actually emit heat.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to! The shop last minute said they were all out :crying-face:
How would I go about protecting it? The blenny sits on it but only the part that doesn't actually emit heat.
You could put it in a corner and then put something like a fine mesh cage around it.
If your blenny loves perching on it, get him a few small frags of rock and then glue them onto the back wall in like a ledge formation :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that should do well, what size is your nano?
This guy will get rather large for a 3G tank and will eventually need atleast a 10G tank.
3.8 gallon pico, 17 gallon nano, I'll pop him in my nano if he gets too big :). But they dont get too much bigger than a yellow clown goby?

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put it in a corner and then put something like a fine mesh cage around it.
If your blenny loves perching on it, get him a few small frags of rock and then glue them onto the back wall in like a ledge formation :)
Ok I'll see what I can do. Do you like my little bumble bee shrimp? He is so cute and I wasnt sure if I could get any.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3.8 gallon pico, 17 gallon nano, I'll pop him in my nano if he gets too big :). But they dont get too much bigger than a yellow clown goby?
They get around 2” which seems small until you have a relatively active fish. I know clingfish aren’t always active but ive seen a e few that are active at night and they can be rather active.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll see what I can do. Do you like my little bumble bee shrimp? He is so cute and I wasnt sure if I could get any.
I love him, I’ve seen a few sold over here but not in a few years. Unfortunately they’re a bit small for my tanks…

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get around 2” which seems small until you have a relatively active fish. I know clingfish aren’t always active but ive seen a e few that are active at night and they can be rather active.
Ahh ok, yeah I read they are pretty active whereas my yellow clown goby just perches on things and occasionally swims around. Would it be worth getting a longspine urchin for him? Seems too small in a pico.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back