• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Item Price
$170-$220
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have three sk5000s, right now they're all currently disassembled but feel free to contact me for time stamped pics and I can even assemble them if you'd like. I keep them disassembled when I'm not using them and especially if I plan on selling them. They're fragile if you try to ship them assembled. Also I prefer not to have them sitting around with any unnecessary tension on them. It also wouldn't be ideal to have them sitting around loosely screwed. I have some extension arm kits and extra rolls depending on what you want the price May slightly change.

2 of them are in good condition with minimal use. standard wear and tear as it would be with anything made out of acrylic but they've been cleaned and lightly polished before stored. 220 OBO

The third is in similar condition but the wire to the motor was somehow cut at one point. It has been reconnected and thoroughly checked. I vouch that it will present no short-term issues or any long-term issues down the road directly related to the wire being cut, but as such I'm asking less for that one at 175 OBO. Also currently disassembled.

I can also modify these filters to fit into much smaller sumps. I have successfully fit and sk5000 in an e shops AF 1000 as well as an SK 3000 and any shops nano cube contact me if interested in modding or pictures/details on how I do it.

Payment through PayPal service and goods and everything related to the transaction I like to keep in compliance with forum rules.

DCN01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three sk5000s, right now they're all currently disassembled but feel free to contact me for time stamped pics and I can even assemble them if you'd like. I keep them disassembled when I'm not using them and especially if I plan on selling them. They're fragile if you try to ship them assembled. Also I prefer not to have them sitting around with any unnecessary tension on them. It also wouldn't be ideal to have them sitting around loosely screwed. I have some extension arm kits and extra rolls depending on what you want the price May slightly change.

2 of them are in good condition with minimal use. standard wear and tear as it would be with anything made out of acrylic but they've been cleaned and lightly polished before stored. 220 OBO

The third is in similar condition but the wire to the motor was somehow cut at one point. It has been reconnected and thoroughly checked. I vouch that it will present no short-term issues or any long-term issues down the road directly related to the wire being cut, but as such I'm asking less for that one at 175 OBO. Also currently disassembled.

I can also modify these filters to fit into much smaller sumps. I have successfully fit and sk5000 in an e shops AF 1000 as well as an SK 3000 and any shops nano cube contact me if interested in modding or pictures/details on how I do it.

Payment through PayPal service and goods and everything related to the transaction I like to keep in compliance with forum rules.
Hi,
Are these still available? I am interested 1 of them at $220, Thanks

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I’m very interested to see how you mod a sump for a sk-3000 gen 3

OP
OP
T

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
In the one case I did it was on an Eshopps nano refugium, 14x14 footprint. The clarisea sk-3000 I had wasnt exactly a Gen 2 or a Gen 3 and as I was never able to figure anything out about it I just assume at some point they put out a sort of 2.5 somewhere in the market. While in the get 3, to my knowledge all the braces holding it together guide the fleece with rollers while on the Gen 2 the mostly hold the unit together outside of the compartment. Mine only has one set outside of the compartment while the rest of the build mimics a Gen 3.

Regardless, it's not hard to get about an inch or more off of the afr itself if you know what you're doing. With that it easily fits into the refugium compartment. Gutting the intake and filter sock compartment is another option. I did that mod with a sk5000 g2 on an Eshopps af-100. There's a couple of ways it's possible but the complex flow on Eshopps sumps makes it difficult. I really should have done a build thread on that one. Getting the afr in required modding the sump and afr which in theory is just tedious delicate work but when it came to plumbing everything I realized why no one I could find had ever tried the mod on such a small sump

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the one case I did it was on an Eshopps nano refugium, 14x14 footprint. The clarisea sk-3000 I had wasnt exactly a Gen 2 or a Gen 3 and as I was never able to figure anything out about it I just assume at some point they put out a sort of 2.5 somewhere in the market. While in the get 3, to my knowledge all the braces holding it together guide the fleece with rollers while on the Gen 2 the mostly hold the unit together outside of the compartment. Mine only has one set outside of the compartment while the rest of the build mimics a Gen 3.

Regardless, it's not hard to get about an inch or more off of the afr itself if you know what you're doing. With that it easily fits into the refugium compartment. Gutting the intake and filter sock compartment is another option. I did that mod with a sk5000 g2 on an Eshopps af-100. There's a couple of ways it's possible but the complex flow on Eshopps sumps makes it difficult. I really should have done a build thread on that one. Getting the afr in required modding the sump and afr which in theory is just tedious delicate work but when it came to plumbing everything I realized why no one I could find had ever tried the mod on such a small sump
Do you have a few pics?

OP
OP
T

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Do you have a few pics?
Yeah I'll have to dig up the ones for the af 100 but here's a simple pick of the nano and I probably have some of the plumbed system. The extension arm is crucial with these mods for plumbing and depending on how you do it some sort of stand is necessary

Attachments

• 20240508_220436.jpg
    20240508_220436.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240508_220424.jpg
    20240508_220424.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240508_220058.jpg
    20240508_220058.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240508_220047.jpg
    20240508_220047.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240508_220037.jpg
    20240508_220037.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240508_220026.jpg
    20240508_220026.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240508_220708.jpg
    20240508_220708.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
T

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
1715220555187.png

Here's the rough plumbing in the person's tank I did the mod for. I don't think I took a pic of the finished setup though

1715220770357.png

1715220848086.png

I don't recall if I ended up plumbing it like this but the tank actual only had 1 line in the overflow

1715221012253.png

Filter sock compartment gutted as little as necessary and rim trimmed for larger skimmer
1715221287568.png

Working out the plumbing
1715221373736.png

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back