3 Fish died overnight

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission
Yeah I agree!! And yeah I know no angel is reef safe but they are the reason I got into saltwater fish in the first place so Ill risk it to have an angel!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree!! And yeah I know no angel is reef safe but they are the reason I got into saltwater fish in the first place so Ill risk it to have an angel!
Knowing what they eat .
Restricts what you can stock …

For example . I know mine eats anything puffy such as lobo , open brains , meat coral ( 8” across he destroyed in a few days )

But he will not eat acro , monti , most euphillia , or Xenia .

Xenia … I can’t give it away .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

I am new to saltwater i have had a tank up and running for about 3 months now. 2 Clownfish, 1 Tomini Tang, very small watchman goby, and 1 six line wrasse. Tank also has some bumblebee snails, cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, and some astraea snails. Last night i fed the fish they all were fine this morning i woke up to 2 dead clownfish and 1 dead tang. I checked water parameters and they all seem fine. The other fish seem fine, the clownfish looked to have what almost looked like brooklynella on them. The tang didnt show any symptoms and everything else seems fine as of now. I dont have a QT tank for the fish that are left and im kinda just not sure what to do at this point. The tank has alot of coral in it so i dont wanna dose anything crazy that could hurt the corals. To be honest i care more about the corals than i do the fish. Just looking for some advise on what to do moving forward how long do i wait to add more fish ? etc.
13g tank tells me you may be dealing with low dissolved oxygen or false reading with ammonia and even nitrate. If tank has decor- you are likely at 11 usable gallons and if tank is newer, you may experience spikes in ammonia and nitrate.
Please provide pics and even video under white lighting for assessment
Are fish eating and breathing normal or labored breathing?
If fish are suspected with brook, last thing to consider right now is another addition until issue is identified

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im telling you i have no way to get these last 2 fish out of the tank without like ripping apart all my rock work and coral. Is is possible for the fish that are left to be a carrier of disease without dying ? like lets say the disease takes a few weeks to run its coarse could i just ADD a few weeks on the 6-8 week period and assume they are just ok ?
Without getting into the tank size, etc. debate, and to specifically answer your question, fish may harbor parasites indefinitely in a manner that may not be obvious . Certainly, anytime we suggest a fallow tank, we make it clear the process depends on the absence of any fish in the tank. Otherwise, you are not treating the root cause at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back