vintune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef peers, I am new to the hobby, as my Biocube 32G is only 3 months old. My current stock is

1 Maroon Clown
1 Azure Damsel
1 Coral Beauty
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
6 snails - 3 Nassarius / 3 Turbo
6 Hermits - Scarlet / Blue legged

RIP Count - 1 fairy wrasse, 1 firefish, 1 emerald crab, 1 turbo snail..

I know my tank may still be considered 'Sterile'... Before I added my Azure Damsel, it was just the Maroon, Coral Beauty and Goby for almost a month. The Coral Beauty was the king of the tank, he would graze and swim all over... After adding the Azure Damsel, for the first 2/3 days the Coral Beauty was terrorizing the Azure Damsel. Now after 8 days the Coral Beauty seems to be timid and ducked off in hiding, didnt even really come out to eat yesterday during feeding. The Damsel and Clownfish are swimming all over the tank. I have not seen the Damsel try to bother any fish and have only seen him be the victim.

Any suggestions? I know CB's arent usually a fit for 32 Gallon, but I have seen worse fits work for people so I wanted to give it a go... If anybody has any suggestions or tips I would love to hear...

Tank specs Running at
PH 8.4
Salinity 1.024ish
75 degree water
Bi Weekly 5 Gallon Water Changes

Last edited:

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot goin on and ill warn as the maroon gets bigger solid chance itll kill everything besides outgrowing the tank. other than that good stocking choices and sounds like you got parameters all under control!

OP
OP
V

vintune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot goin on and ill warn as the maroon gets bigger solid chance itll kill everything besides outgrowing the tank. other than that good stocking choices and sounds like you got parameters all under control!
Doesnt seem like a lot going on to be honest, but I already know I rushed into what I have, given only 3 months in... Also, I didnt have all those fish in the tank at one time... The Maroon is the smallest fish in there besides the Goby, which nobody bothers... The CB at purchase was already on the larger side maybe 3".

Last edited:

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt seem like a lot going on to be honest, but I already know I rushed into what I have, given only 3 months in... Also, I didnt have all those fish in the tank at one time...
i meant heirachy wise lol sorry if i came off like an ***. If i was in your position I would swap the maroon for a pair of ocellaris or perculas and call it a day

OP
OP
V

vintune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, I did a water change & aquascape restructure. I created a lot more space for the fish and everything seems to be in working order again... the CB still resorting back to his caverns but much more movement and I dont see any hostility between the fish. All swimming passed each other in peace.

Attachments

• IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 60

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking scape !!! Rearranging rocks helped my cb settle in, and now everyone cruises tank together. Ours eats like a horse , just bought pack of Hikari angel butterfly mix cubes that has sponge in ingredients..wow does it love it

OP
OP
V

vintune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, Coral Beauty passed away, i noticed he developed a white spot on stomach and started swimming upside. Took him right out, no fight.

JReef3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear your coral beauty died, that‘s too bad. The rockwork looks good and I’m sure the rearranging of rockwork helped with breaking up territories and giving everyone a fresh start. The above suggestion to trade in the Maroon for a pair of ocellaris is sound advice, the maroon will become fairly large and quite aggressive which will end up being stressful for all others you add to the tank. Good luck!

OP
OP
V

vintune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear your coral beauty died, that‘s too bad. The rockwork looks good and I’m sure the rearranging of rockwork helped with breaking up territories and giving everyone a fresh start. The above suggestion to trade in the Maroon for a pair of ocellaris is sound advice, the maroon will become fairly large and quite aggressive which will end up being stressful for all others you add to the tank. Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate it, im not stressing it as I know I made a mistake when I put the Azure Damsel in... Can only learn from your mistakes...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back