30 days later...

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just skimmed through my photo folder and I was shocked how different of my clam pretty much after 30 days.
This picture took after its in my tank for few days.
A month ago.jpg

and today...pretty much 30 days later!

Today.jpg

Look at how thick the mantle and the folding muck larger too, its totally a transformation :)

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This clam growing a new set of scute under it mantle, I'm happy that I knew it healthy and I'm having an idea environment for them to stay healthy and grow :)
Also, the baby gold maxima its scute grew so big and seem like its won't able to complete close its shell anymore.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just using old thread to show some updates of my gold maximas, 2 months later....
I bought them on Oct 10th, 2017 (showing the progression of the top one in picture below)
Gold Maxima.jpg

And 2 months later, I'm not showing its mantle but the growth rate of the top gold maxima....dang way too fast!
New shell (2).jpg

The biggest new scutes over half inch, other part of the new grow at least 1/4 inch and it's now much bugger than the bottom one in the 1st picture.
The bottom gold maxi barely growing any new shell, it's just darn tiny grow compare to the top maxi. All other baby maxi showing new shell but not crazy like this one LOL.
Since the scute grew darn huge the mantle grow much larger to cover entire scutes :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nearly 90 days later of my first clam.
Old maxi.jpg

It's enjoying 350+ PAR 100% intensity under Kessil A360WE open nearly 4 inches wide, somehow the picture I took look narrower /scratch head.....LOL

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back