30 gal repair

Richards Aquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
151
Reaction score
66
Location
Youngstown
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back glass cracked I want to replace it. I can't find a rim. I looked. Can I replace the glass without putting on a top rim ? I watched a rimless build. The only difference is all my glass sits on top of bottom glass as where his build was all the glass sat flush to the bottom of the bottom piec of glass. So I don't know if that will matter in my case.
Thank you for any advice.
 
You need a rim if it had one. The rimless tanks tend to use different glass and sometimes stronger adhesive.

You can usually get the rim from the manufacturer (aqueon/marineland/etc.) But full honesty, I think a new tank for that size is both cheaper and easier.
 
You would probably be better off just replacing the tank. Rimless tanks use thicker glass than a rimed tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new