30 gallon 0 water change experiment

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I’ll start a thread for this tank because I’m pretty happy with it so far. Took a job about 6 months ago working for an aquarium maintenance company and it reignited my passion for the hobby. I’ve had this 30 gallon running for a Year and a half with just a pair of clowns and some live rock. No substrate. Just added RO when it got low and let it get ugly. It was meant to be a quarantine for my display at one point but I never used it for that.

so when I started getting freebies from work I would just toss them in. Added bubble tips, some caulerpa, Xenia, mushrooms and gsps. All the east stuff that would take off. Plus a gorgonian and some frags for good measure. Now it’s pretty full. Water got so clean from test results that I decided to add a small scopas tang for a short while to clean it up some. Added more flow and a nano skimmer. I’m using the noopsyche k7 pro 2 that I won on r2r as the light with terrific results the last 6 months.

so yeah 1+ years with no water change and no real maintenance. Now I’m cleaning and maintaining the equipment but unless the fish seem stressed I’m going to see how long I can go/if I can make a stable zero change system.

3A61B516-80D0-43D1-9D7E-6414E6BAA847.jpeg 219EDFC0-1F51-4658-970D-2CD1A9C237FD.jpeg 3ABB5528-A7E2-4815-9A56-1FDA02DD95AB.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back