30 gallon cube build

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my package from glass holes today, I am going to drill for overflow box and add 2 return lines . Good place and super fast shipping. Received it in 2 days.

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my package from glass holes today, I am going to drill for overflow box and add 2 return lines . Good place and super fast shipping. Received it in 2 days.
Plus the bonus candy. But I think for the price glassholes can’t be beat.

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilled overflow and 2 return holes yesterday and installed overflow and bulkheads. Now in search for a light for strictly SPS and then on to set it up. Have Steve L.E.D on a bio cube with controller and leaning towards his sps lights but not really sure I like the idea of resting them on glass cover so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks CJ

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I will do a 6 month update. As of right now I have lost all of my fish due to velvet. No new fish have gone in for a month and a half but after 2 days of putting a purple seafan in they all got it a died. So I have so traveling to do this summer so the tank will be fallow other then the cleaner shrimp. But as for corals I can not keep anything alive. Everything looks good for about two weeks and then dies off. I do test my tank all of the time and even done a couple of triton tests and everything was in the norm. I know someone is going to say post the tests. I can’t right now I’m not home where I have everything written down. The only thing I can think it could be is lighting. I’m thinking the one A160 is not cutting it but who knows.

Eric Meza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Well I’m getting back into the after being away for 3 years. I use the have a large 250 gallon but had to take it down when I sold my house. Well now that I’m in a new place I figured I better get something set up. Here is what I have.
20x20x20 cube
Somatic 60 sump and skimmer combo
Kessil A160 with controller
Glass-holes overflow kit
Maxspect 130 FX
Life Rock Shapes

Got the overflow and return drilled today and setup. Added the Fiji pink sand and done a quick scape. This is where I’m sitting at for now but hope to have water in it the next day or two.

image.jpg
s this the marine land cube ?

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well time for a small update. My tank has had its ups and downs but more downs then ups. Well the sad news I lost everything in my tank due to velvet. By the time I seen a fish with it got my QT setup and mixed up some water two had died. Moved over my other two fish and one didn’t make it a hour and the other didn’t make it through the night. I have been really fighting to keep corals alive but with no luck. Well when my tank was fallow for the velvet I done some upgrades. First was to the lighting I got the aqua life hybrid setup so now I’m running my kessil A160 and also 4 T5’s. I have also slowly started to add corals back into it. Everything seems to be loving it. I also had a maxspec sitting around so I added it for water movement. The only down side I got going on now is the really hard green algae on the glass and bubble algae outbreak. I have read some good things about using vibrant for it so I just started it so time will tell on that. But that’s it for now I hope things change for the better and my tank really takes off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back