30 gallon stocking heres my list

Reefer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nuvo 30 and I'm planning on stocking it with a captive bred mandarin dragonet, 2 bangai cardinals,pistol shrimp and goby (im thinking a yasha goby or randells goby or watchman) please tell me your thoughts and suggestions

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite seemingly everyone trying to keep captive bred mandarins in smaller tanks, I would not recommend them in that tank size, unless you have a big fuge and are willing to constantly feed them.

OP
OP
Reefer302

Reefer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite seemingly everyone trying to keep captive bred mandarins in smaller tanks, I would not recommend them in that tank size, unless you have a big fuge and are willing to constantly feed them.
I'm completely aware of the feeding and I have a fuge and pod cultures and since its captive bred it will likely take frozen as well

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm completely aware of the feeding and I have a fuge and pod cultures and since its captive bred it will likely take frozen as well
I have a wild mandarin and he eats frozen spirulina brine shrimp. But from what I've read the captive bred ones still have a hard time getting them to accept frozen.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yep my biota mandarin never took frozen unfortunately but its better for me anyways I haven't had to feed him for 9 months! However I dose phyto to my tank daily for my filter feeders so I assume this grows the pods for the mandarin.

OP
OP
Reefer302

Reefer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wild mandarin and he eats frozen spirulina brine shrimp. But from what I've read the captive bred ones still have a hard time getting them to accept frozen.
Hmm I've heard the captive ones are raised on frozen but that may be true idk if im for sure getting one

Katie M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stocking list, your mandarin will be just fine - captive breds, if they're fed a few times a day do great in smaller tanks - I've gotten them to the point of spawning in tanks 30 gallons and under. 30L is a great tank :)

OP
OP
Reefer302

Reefer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_9561.jpg
    IMG_9561.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 36

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stocking list, your mandarin will be just fine - captive breds, if they're fed a few times a day do great in smaller tanks - I've gotten them to the point of spawning in tanks 30 gallons and under. 30L is a great tank :)
I've read quite a bit of reviews and people still have trouble with captive bred mandarins eating frozen. The way I get them to start eating frozen is with a turkey baster or coral feeder and squirt food towards it. Just have to be patient and make sure you get tigger pods they are known to breed well in tanks and are bigger.

Back