30 gallon tall-ish fish ideas

JoshL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm looking for some ideas on finishing off stocking my peaceful small reef. Display dimensions are 24"x18"x18". 30 lbs live rock in display, sump with 10 gallon total water volume, refugium and a Reef Octpous Classic 150 skimmer, medium flow and subdued lighting. The tank itself is only 3 months old, but all of the rock and most livestock are from my previous AIO setup that I ditched in favor of a sump. The very oversized skimmer is there for the goniopora garden and various LPS that I spot feed a mix of 2 little fishes goniopower, PE calanus, cyclops, mysid and brine shrimp 2-3 times a week and broadcast feed very heavily daily, with pumps off for 30 minutes to an hour each time. I have never seen nitrates above 10, even if I skip a weekly water change, other parameters are stable.

This kind of feeding has made keeping my sunburst anthias, which I had in mind while setting everything up, very easy. It can pick tiny food out of the water column at will without competition from the only other two fish, and I believe helps support what looks to be a substantial pod population. I'm looking for advice on other peaceful fish, maybe something uncommon or considered a bit more difficult but which would benefit from broadcast feeding small foods. Im considering a Tanakas possum wrasse if I ever find one, an assessor basslet of some kind or a geometric pygmy hawkfish.

Thanks in advance!

Current stocking:
Sunburst Anthias
Purple Firefish
molly
2 mini carpet anemones
porcelain crab
tiger conch
nassarius, trochus, nerite and bumblebee snails
blue and scarlet hermit crabs
small female emerald crab

equipment:
reef octopus 150int
AI nero 3
Noopsyche k7 v3 LED
Current USA eflux DC flow pump
modular marine 800gph overflow box
jebao scp 70 cross flow (in the mail still)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back