• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

$300 22 Gallon Reef Tank Setup (SoCal)

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 for EVERYTHING
Pickup in Hemet, CA

Hi! I was heavily into reefing for a good bit of time! Unfortunately, I had to love, and lost some equipment that I couldn’t afford to replace. Everything in my tank ended up dying over the course of a few months to the point that I gave the rest away. I have a 22 gallon Mr. Aqua Low Iron Rimless Tank that was $300. I also built a wooden stand with my brother for about $200 (not perfect, or water proofed, but has lasted me for a long time without any problems). For the sumo, it is a simple 20 gallon tank that was probably like $50–100 from PetCo. I also have a ton of rocks (around $200-300 worth), a HOB Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer ($300), a FluvalSmart Light ($100), Jaebo WaveMaker ($80), a titanium heater I can’t remember the name off ($100), and Syncra Silent Return Pump ($100). I also have at least 2-3 gallons of Red Sea Salt (Blue Bucket), and a ton of Red Sea Water testing equipment as well as the Red Sea Refractometer ($250+). And some expired but still good Reef Nutrition Fish food as well ($25). Also various pieces of standard equipment like nets, a coral dip bucket, and a Flipper Nano Glass Scraper ($100+)

So, overall I spent at least $1,800 on this setup. I kept it all it good condition, and have cleaned everything, as best as I can, since taking the tank down. I’m moving to the East Coast in March and need to get this off my hands! As much as I’d love to get back into the hobby at some point, I can’t afford to take all of this with me, nor do I have a place to store it. I don’t want to list it for too high of a price, and seem like a joke, but I also don’t want to be undercut, considering how much I spent on all of this! So, if you’re interested, please reach out and we’ll see what kind of deal we can come to!
A1778DFF-826D-40DB-859D-3FA3E0219E0D.jpeg
CB840236-C300-4F7D-91B3-6F2181A4CB3F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flipper Nano Glass Scraper ($100+)Ummmmm. I recommend checking your prices.
I recommend re-reading the entire sentence. The “$100+” is referring to every items listen before that price. Nets, coral-dip bucket, Flipper Nano were the 3 examples I gave for “…various pieces of standard equipments.” This would also include pipettes, microfiberclothes, and a brine shrimp hatchery with brine shrimp eggs.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back