• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

300 gallon acrylic tank - stand - remote sump - 300 dollars

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenecor custom reef tank.

This setup is seven feet long, 28 inches deep and 30 inches tall. Eurobraced. Over 1 inch thick acrylic, it is ideal for small kids throwing pool balls or swinging baseball bats nearby. Center overflow. Blue background on the back and right side. Custom cabinets offer lots of storage below the tank with corian countertop to hold the tank and provide a perfect surface for the tank. This is designed to be used with the sump in another room. The sump is also shown, designed to accommodate lots of LR, separate area for Chaetto or Deep Sand Bed. Made with 3/8 inch acrylic. Also includes a sump table to keep it at an easy height. It was running for 10 years, so it needs some TLC. The tank and canopy interior needs sanded and buffed. I'd paint the interior cabinet with KILZ or something that will hold up better to saltwater than the polyurethane did. There is some crazing along the back seam which has been there since it was two years old and has stabilized. The acrylic still appears perfectly clear... other than the scratches and coralline. We emptied it in early May 2020.

I need to get it out to facilitate the sale of my old house and I don't have time to rejuvenate it. So, whoever can get six guys and a truck to the Chicago Suburbs with 300 bucks can have it. The Tank weighs 400 lbs. empty. The bottom is made of five cabinets that are easier to manage. I can assist and perhaps get a few more guys.

1589976776037.png

1589976811800.png

1589976744687.png
1589976854245.png

And an old pic with metal halids and a UFO LED from about 10 years ago.

1589976641773.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im 2 hours away. If I had a spot for sump- I'd be all over this.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 400lbs, you only need 4 people. The key is renting suction cups from a local pet store.

We were able to lift a 1000# 600g aquarium with 5 people using suction cups and a lift cart from harbor freight. We were able to slide the aquarium onto the stand and lower it. Very minimal lifting.

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We moved this tank with six guys and no cups.... it was a little dicey.

With cups and four to six guys - (I could supply myself and one more (total six) we would do o.k.) I think.

Getting it through the doors is the trick - since it peels the guys off the sides. That is also why the tank 28 inches deep - to get through the smallest door. Some furniture rollers would be a big help.

There is a Home Depot close by - but I have no idea who would be available. I might also be able to recruit a couple more if needed. Maybe, I could come up with four and whoever takes it could bring two or three. That way, everyone could fit in one moving truck or big pickup - if distance is an issue.

weamdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With cups and four to six guys - (I could supply myself and one more (total six) we would do o.k.) I think.

Getting it through the doors is the trick - since it peels the guys off the sides. That is also why the tank 28 inches deep - to get through the smallest door. Some furniture rollers would be a big help.

There is a Home Depot close by - but I have no idea who would be available. I might also be able to recruit a couple more if needed. Maybe, I could come up with four and whoever takes it could bring two or three. That way, everyone could fit in one moving truck or big pickup - if distance is an issue.

How many steps do you have to navigate. I think a piano dolly could get it through the house and doorways. I have a trailer that we could roll it right into using the dollies.

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FishTruck if it comes to needing guys and suction cups, pm me and I'll see if my buddy has his 4 cups available for the buyer. He usually rents them for $40. I'd be down to help load depending on the burn and if I'm working.

OP
OP
FishTruck

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many steps do you have to navigate. I think a piano dolly could get it through the house and doorways. I have a trailer that we could roll it right into using the dollies.

A piano dolly less than 28 inches wide might be a big help.

One tight door, two tight turns, another bigger door, four steps down (outside), right turn.... three stone steps down - driveway. I don't remember if we had to stand it up for the turns. I remember guys crawling under the tank to get through door to the other side. The first guy on the end through the door started to crumple for a second. He would have been fine with cups though.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is awesome you are so motivated to sell this.

if you had this and two furniture dollies, only need two people

During this stay at home order, I needed to move around several 100g glass aquariums. First I had to move the aquarium off the stand, relocate the stand and put the aquarium back on the stand. I was able to do this by myself with the hydraulic lift table.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back