300 Gallon Dream Build

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you might know, I few years ago Hurricane Laura destroyed my home, including the 90 gallon reef that I had at the time. Well once the house was taken care of we upgraded to a 125. Since then we had got a good deal on a 210 that replaced the 125. Unfortunately it blew a seam and started draining rapidly. We are able to save all the livestock and begin the search for a replacement. I was able to score a 300 gallon as a replacement. It’s 8 foot long, 2 foot two and two and a half feet wide. Now it is a used tank and with the 210 leaking on me I definitely want to water test the 300 before it comes in. Obviously this tank is heavy and requires lots of people to move. Would it be safe to leak test it sitting on my trailer so I don’t have to try to move it until my ready for it to come in the house??
image.jpg

OP
OP
LouisianaReef

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it would take much level the trailer. It sure looks strong enough.
Trailer is definitely rated to handle the weight. Those are twin 5k axles. I would level the trailer before filling the tank. I happen to own a travel trailer so I have proper leveling equipment laying around.

nhendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if you could level and make sure tires and the elements didn’t move it I would still take it off if it was mine.I have a 240g glass tank and I rented a job box lifter my wife and I put it on my stand in second. What ever you do good luck and nice find

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely DO NOT fill it with water on that trailer without (what was suggested) leveling the trailer, but also adding a foam pad underneath the tank.

Congrats on the large rank, there were some typos in your original post, but it seems like it's the same demensions as mine 96x30x24 tall. You're going to love the foot print.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As some of you might know, I few years ago Hurricane Laura destroyed my home, including the 90 gallon reef that I had at the time. Well once the house was taken care of we upgraded to a 125. Since then we had got a good deal on a 210 that replaced the 125. Unfortunately it blew a seam and started draining rapidly. We are able to save all the livestock and begin the search for a replacement. I was able to score a 300 gallon as a replacement. It’s 8 foot long, 2 foot two and two and a half feet wide. Now it is a used tank and with the 210 leaking on me I definitely want to water test the 300 before it comes in. Obviously this tank is heavy and requires lots of people to move. Would it be safe to leak test it sitting on my trailer so I don’t have to try to move it until my ready for it to come in the house??
image.jpg
You’re going to love this size! I moved to an 8’ 350g and the space for rock-scaping and designs is really amazing.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Nice Tank!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%
Back