1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What food are you selling?
Only in AZ, keeping it local. Started out just making it for my tank,cause buying already made stuff was pricey and they did not have what I wanted in them. Found myself buying a lot of different products and feeding them all to my tank different days of the week became kinda of frustrating . So we thought about making our own. So during discussions with store owners and customers we got asked to share some of our first 8 pound batch. People loved it and asked for more so it has started to become a little side thing to help pay for this expensive hobby we all have....
It has frozen human grade squid ,scallops,tuna steak,white shrimp, and then we add freezed dried mysis, krill and calanus, seaweed flakes,rotifers,golden pearls,amino acids and omegas.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got 1 of 3 Radion Gen 5 XR30 Blue and 2 boxes of Red Sea Salt for the 300!
2 more gen 5's and 2 kessil a360x more to get..

IMG_5251.jpg IMG_5252.jpg

Last edited:

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be following as well, thanks for sharing! And yes the 'flea market' store must be discount aquariums lol, there is some gems to be found there but its certainly not the cleanest place going.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be following as well, thanks for sharing! And yes the 'flea market' store must be discount aquariums lol, there is some gems to be found there but its certainly not the cleanest place going.
yep. i did some back tracking today while I was out giving free samples to customers of our fish food at some fish store
Yep that is the places name in Tempe...Yep there are gems there if your handy but a lot of out dated chemicals and stuff...The staff are very nice....

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep. i did some back tracking today while I was out giving free samples to customers of our fish food at some fish store
Yep that is the places name in Tempe...Yep there are gems there if your handy but a lot of out dated chemicals and stuff...The staff are very nice....
Yeah they are fairly nice, sometimes they can be a bit neglectful but that's a place i go strictly for odds and ends. They hosted a frag swap in the lot behind the store recently so that was pretty cool.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they are fairly nice, sometimes they can be a bit neglectful but that's a place i go strictly for odds and ends. They hosted a frag swap in the lot behind the store recently so that was pretty cool.
cool. let me know next time there is a swap. I brought back a lot of frags from Florida a while ago. Stuff I don't see here is AZ. I am back in this hobby since May 2020. I used to import fish into New York 20 years ago before I moved to AZ, 20 years ago.
Now I am starting a reef/fish food co and hope to get this addition done to my house so I can put in a frag system .

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will certainly let you know, are you a part of the AZ FRAG group? If not it would probably be a good thing for you, $10 a year membership and they do a lot of cool things including informing us about any local frag swaps and monthly member meetings. Lots of extremely knowledgeable folks here in Phoenix.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool. let me know next time there is a swap. I brought back a lot of frags from Florida a while ago. Stuff I don't see here is AZ. I am back in this hobby since May 2020. I used to import fish into New York 20 years ago before I moved to AZ, 20 years ago.
Now I am starting a reef/fish food co and hope to get this addition done to my house so I can put in a frag system .
Following along, sounds like a great build! You can probably find just about anything you find in Florida here in AZ, just not at the LFS. I own and run a coral farm that specializes in SPS, so when you're ready for some frags, feel free to get in touch.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will certainly let you know, are you a part of the AZ FRAG group? If not it would probably be a good thing for you, $10 a year membership and they do a lot of cool things including informing us about any local frag swaps and monthly member meetings. Lots of extremely knowledgeable folks here in Phoenix.
No I am not but I will join. How do I join?
I am in Chandler too

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, sounds like a great build! You can probably find just about anything you find in Florida here in AZ, just not at the LFS. I own and run a coral farm that specializes in SPS, so when you're ready for some frags, feel free to get in touch.
awesome....I just happened to be visiting my sick dad in Florida in Oct. I drove there and so I drove down to Tampa etc and went to several big farms and brought back a cooler full of stuff. I loved it spent hours at WWC, what a great place... I will reach out to you when the 300 is ready...Would love to see your stuff.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am not but I will join. How do I join?
I am in Chandler too
You can do it right here on R2R, go to the local fish club section of the forums and then choose AZ. You will see a sub forum for AZ FRAG and it gives you all the info you will need there. Or go to arizonafrag.com

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it right here on R2R, go to the local fish club section of the forums and then choose AZ. You will see a sub forum for AZ FRAG and it gives you all the info you will need there. Or go to arizonafrag.com
Thanks ReefSapper I will do it...

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. After much information searching and talking to people all my new friends on R2R and my friends at WWC, I ordered 4 and just got 4 Ecotech G5 Radion Blue for my 8 foot long , 300 gallon. Instead of my original plan of 3 G5 Blues and 2 Kessil.
A big Thanks to everyone who helped with information...

Attachments

• 4 Radion G5 Blue.jpg
    4 Radion G5 Blue.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 136

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi Everyone. After much information searching and talking to people all my new friends on R2R and my friends at WWC, I ordered 4 and just got 4 Ecotech G5 Radion Blue for my 8 foot long , 300 gallon. Instead of my original plan of 3 G5 Blues and 2 Kessil.
A big Thanks to everyone who helped with information...
Way to go on lighting. When i set my larger tank up, I told myself- Plan on best lighting and equipment or Dont bother

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to go on lighting. When i set my larger tank up, I told myself- Plan on best lighting and equipment or Dont bother
Thanks.
I have a question if you don't mind me asking your advice. In Oct I drove from Arizona to WWC in Florida and brought back some corals frags. I spent like 3 hours with the staff and got a tour . They told me they do not dose Cal,Alk or Mag much, but rather dose a lot of Kalkwasser.
I saw you have a 660 Gallon! awesome.
I plan to do mostly lps, zoa's and some sps.
So my question is are you dosing Cal,Alk,Mag and some Kalk or just dosing large amounts of Kalk and some Cal,Alk and Mag?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks.
I have a question if you don't mind me asking your advice. In Oct I drove from Arizona to WWC in Florida and brought back some corals frags. I spent like 3 hours with the staff and got a tour . They told me they do not dose Cal,Alk or Mag much, but rather dose a lot of Kalkwasser.
I saw you have a 660 Gallon! awesome.
I plan to do mostly lps, zoa's and some sps.
So my question is are you dosing Cal,Alk,Mag and some Kalk or just dosing large amounts of Kalk and some Cal,Alk and Mag?
I run a calcium reactor on that particular tank and only add a little mag occasionally.
On my drop off tank, I do add Alk-CA-Mag. A Lot of kalk would make me a little nervous.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rigged 2 of the 4 Gen 5 Ecotech XR30 Gen 5 Radion Blues to my 140 tank to get my corals used to the light before the 140 comes down and get replaced with the 300 I have . I have 4 new Gen 5 for the 300.
I have the 2 Gen 5's at 25% using the AB program...

Does any one have any suggestions...

Attachments

• 140 w 2 gen 5 XR30.jpg
    140 w 2 gen 5 XR30.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Sawcjack, I just joined AZfrag . I am going to the next meeting. I am still working on the 300 gallon. Have to build the two sumps and then move the 140.
I am so wanting a strawberry short cake.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Sawcjack, I just joined AZfrag . I am going to the next meeting. I am still working on the 300 gallon. Have to build the two sumps and then move the 140.
I am so wanting a strawberry short cake.
I'll be there also. I'll have some frags for the auction so you can get an idea of what I grow for the future. I have an amazing SSC but not sure I'll have any frags of it there as I have a show tonight and tomorrow in California. Look forward to meeting you.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there also. I'll have some frags for the auction so you can get an idea of what I grow for the future. I have an amazing SSC but not sure I'll have any frags of it there as I have a show tonight and tomorrow in California. Look forward to meeting you.
Thanks for the reply and your help and advise here on R2R. I live in Chandler so driving to your place is no big deal, if you don't have any SSC at the meeting. Wishing you lots of success in Cali. Chat soon, Sal

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back