1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like Discount aquariums in Tempe
Hey Buddy, I joined AZ Frag last week, paid my dues. I am going to the open meeting this month. Hope to meet you and Bill.... I been chatting with Bill for a while he sounds like a cool dude, so I am guessing you are too.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be following as well, thanks for sharing! And yes the 'flea market' store must be discount aquariums lol, there is some gems to be found there but its certainly not the cleanest place going.
I joined az frag last week. I am going to the open meeting this month.. hope to meet you...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow bumped loong time ago... :cool:

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been taking advantage of the liquidation sale going on at MD for stuff for the 300 build and for stocking up on stuff I use. Got 3 boxes today, 2 more coming next week...

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 154

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been silently creeping on this one. Got bumped off and missed a bunch of stuff. Love the stand and sumps and how your going to run them. My previous system was connected and super similar. Great choice on tank as well. I was looking at Titan before i decided to go glass. This is going to be all around awesome reef.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been silently creeping on this one. Got bumped off and missed a bunch of stuff. Love the stand and sumps and how your going to run them. My previous system was connected and super similar. Great choice on tank as well. I was looking at Titan before i decided to go glass. This is going to be all around awesome reef.
Each sump will have its own 1 1/2" pvc pipe water feed from tank and each sump will have its own ecotech Vecta m2 as a return.(2000 gallons per hour minus head room and elbow restrictions) The refug will also have its own 1 1/2" water feed from the tank but slowed down and the over flow from it will be equally sent to each sump after the protein skimmer chamber each sump will have. The two sumps will be tied together with two 2" pvc. one at the 3 inch height mark from bottom of sump and the other at the 10 inch height mark as a secondary over flow to each which should never have to be used, well maybe when the pumps turn off at feeding mode...I calculated the sumps 24x28x15 and they can together handle a 3 inch water drop from the main tank. But it will only drop 1" total at feeding times...

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each sump will have its own 1 1/2" pvc pipe water feed from tank and each sump will have its own ecotech Vecta m2 as a return.(2000 gallons per hour minus head room and elbow restrictions) The refug will also have its own 1 1/2" water feed from the tank but slowed down and the over flow from it will be equally sent to each sump after the protein skimmer chamber each sump will have. The two sumps will be tied together with two 2" pvc. one at the 3 inch height mark from bottom of sump and the other at the 10 inch height mark as a secondary over flow to each which should never have to be used, well maybe when the pumps turn off at feeding mode...I calculated the sumps 24x28x15 and they can together handle a 3 inch water drop from the main tank. But it will only drop 1" total at feeding times...
Its awesome man. Wish you could of seen my old system. Sumps pretty much identical. Problem was up top and not enough equalization through tables. Yours is going to be super nice. Love the turn over. I'm probably pushing 700 gallons an hour through my new 80 frag I just set up and almost dead silent. Didnt realize you where so close im in east mesa out near the river.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its awesome man. Wish you could of seen my old system. Sumps pretty much identical. Problem was up top and not enough equalization through tables. Yours is going to be super nice. Love the turn over. I'm probably pushing 700 gallons an hour through my new 80 frag I just set up and almost dead silent. Didnt realize you where so close im in east mesa out near the river.
I am in Chandler/Gilbert border near the 202. Would love to see your stuff....

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will def have to link up man id like to see yours running when you get water in it. Really is going to be a sweet system.
Thanks for the support. and for sure ya can come by when its up and running. I got dead rock in a big 50 gallon garbage can outside with microbactor7 for several months now..I got some really cool big flat pieces I want to use as shelf's. I think it will be a month or so for the 300 to cycle once water is in. I still have to install my rodi system in the garage. I started a frozen food co made from human grade seafood and lots of good stuff for fish and corals, has 16 great ingredients and is process with no water and made while its frozen. It stays pretty soft since it has no added water. Several fish stores here are giving away free samples. Reviews are great and store owners love it say corals love it. A sample is 1/2 ounce and people are saying they supplement it with there fav food and fish love it... llast 2 weeks!!! I will hook you up with some.... Called Reefer's Hash by 1 Ocean LLC.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support. and for sure ya can come by when its up and running. I got dead rock in a big 50 gallon garbage can outside with microbactor7 for several months now..I got some really cool big flat pieces I want to use as shelf's. I think it will be a month or so for the 300 to cycle once water is in. I still have to install my rodi system in the garage. I started a frozen food co made from human grade seafood and lots of good stuff for fish and corals, has 16 great ingredients and is process with no water and made while its frozen. It stays pretty soft since it has no added water. Several fish stores here are giving away free samples. Reviews are great and store owners love it say corals love it. A sample is 1/2 ounce and people are saying they supplement it with there fav food and fish love it... llast 2 weeks!!! I will hook you up with some.... Called Reefer's Hash by 1 Ocean LLC.
Thats awesome! Yes we love food diversity here. I hit most of the lfs around and grab whatever I can. Basicly have every assortment of frozen we just rotate whats being feed daily now. Will not hurt to put even more diversity in the mix:D That rock curing is going to be super beneficial and should get you started up nicely. Its crazy I just used my cured rock from old system and it didn't skip a beat! Really should have used my water as well but lesson learned for Tank 2!
When is your Tank expected to be delivered? I think they quoted me 20 weeks when I reached out to them.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its crazy I just used my cured rock from old system and it didn't skip a beat! Really should have used my water as well but lesson learned for Tank 2!

When the previous little puddle decided to no longer hold water everything went in to the cube end of the twins, the sandbed went in the twins sump in four trays, new tank the following morning, sandbed back in plus an inch of fine gravel, filled 3/4 from the twins everything moved back in and topped up with fresh salt, the twins got a small water change of fresh and sulked for days. ;)

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome! Yes we love food diversity here. I hit most of the lfs around and grab whatever I can. Basicly have every assortment of frozen we just rotate whats being feed daily now. Will not hurt to put even more diversity in the mix:D That rock curing is going to be super beneficial and should get you started up nicely. Its crazy I just used my cured rock from old system and it didn't skip a beat! Really should have used my water as well but lesson learned for Tank 2!
When is your Tank expected to be delivered? I think they quoted me 20 weeks when I reached out to them.
I already have the new 300 tank. They finished it in Dec-ish and I went and got it. There are pictures of the tank, first post in Dec as it was in fabrication at Titan. I have not taken any pictures of it on the stand yet.
Yes i am going to seed the 300 with about 75ish gallons of water from the 140 since I will be using about 70 gallons for the 75 holding tank the fish are going into while the 300 does its cycle. I am using a 30x14x16 high bubble max sump that has two chambers. I got it used at that place in tempe that sells used stuff. It has two chambers and i am going to keep chateo in the first chamber only and the second chamber i am going to put sand from the 140 and lots of rubble rock. There is a filter pad block between the two chambers also...since I am doing barebottom in the 300 I thought this would help keep things stable. I also will have a chamber in both sumps for rubble rock and big Brightwell block.
I tried doing that chaeto and refug mudd thing in the one chamber refug I have now and i did not like it. Was a pain to clean..SO on the 300 I am going to try this two chamber refug idea.
Yes the food we make is getting great reviews and I hope you like it too...We started out just making it for us and had several recipe changes as we got feedback from people..This mix is for small to med fish and all coral types...
Having coffee now and going to take advantage of MD liquidation sale again...and also go get two ecohtech vectra M2 pumps with two battery backup from someone who has to move so they selling everything. They were only used about 4 months....saving me like 600 bucks if I bought them new...
Having coffee now, yo have a super great day....
ps are you growing mushrooms and selling them ? I am planning to start a frag farm soon with website etc...
maybe we can help each other....make $$$

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have the new 300 tank. They finished it in Dec-ish and I went and got it. There are pictures of the tank, first post in Dec as it was in fabrication at Titan. I have not taken any pictures of it on the stand yet.
Yes i am going to seed the 300 with about 75ish gallons of water from the 140 since I will be using about 70 gallons for the 75 holding tank the fish are going into while the 300 does its cycle. I am using a 30x14x16 high bubble max sump that has two chambers. I got it used at that place in tempe that sells used stuff. It has two chambers and i am going to keep chateo in the first chamber only and the second chamber i am going to put sand from the 140 and lots of rubble rock. There is a filter pad block between the two chambers also...since I am doing barebottom in the 300 I thought this would help keep things stable. I also will have a chamber in both sumps for rubble rock and big Brightwell block.
I tried doing that chaeto and refug mudd thing in the one chamber refug I have now and i did not like it. Was a pain to clean..SO on the 300 I am going to try this two chamber refug idea.
Yes the food we make is getting great reviews and I hope you like it too...We started out just making it for us and had several recipe changes as we got feedback from people..This mix is for small to med fish and all coral types...
Having coffee now and going to take advantage of MD liquidation sale again...and also go get two ecohtech vectra M2 pumps with two battery backup from someone who has to move so they selling everything. They were only used about 4 months....saving me like 600 bucks if I bought them new...
Having coffee now, yo have a super great day....
ps are you growing mushrooms and selling them ? I am planning to start a frag farm soon with website etc...
maybe we can help each other....make $$$
Oh man my bad on missing the tank i need to go back through. We should def chat. It would be nice to at least get initial investment back and have this reef pay for itself one day haha! These guys are super enablers though and you just happen have all the enablers sharking your reef haha.
Have a great day man.

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sump 1 mechanical & biological sump( white covers) almost done, just have to cut holes for skimmer cover to fit. Should have sump 2 done tomorrow mechanical & chemical (black covers)
They are 24x28x15 tall.
also picture of 4 inch purple tang i got two weeks ago along side a 6 inch tall bali green slimmer acropora.

Attachments

• Sump 1 left side of stand  Mechanica & Biological.jpg
    Sump 1 left side of stand Mechanica & Biological.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Mr purple #2.jpg
    Mr purple #2.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man my bad on missing the tank i need to go back through. We should def chat. It would be nice to at least get initial investment back and have this reef pay for itself one day haha! These guys are super enablers though and you just happen have all the enablers sharking your reef haha.
Have a great day man.
it is ok...I don't call them enablers, I consider them sharing their experience so I get smarter at this and also get to see all that is out there to see, without spending my money to see them hahahah...and Maybe even save me from a bad mistake(s). Yes there are alot of expensive gadgets, coral and fish (lions,and tigers and bears oh my!) hahah but if I can build it, in the long run I am saving cash for the good expensive things I can't make...I rather get good stuff and enjoy it then crap and have headaches... I worked up to 3 jobs at a time when I was younger, I hustled in little Italy/ Bronx NY for 20 years, now in AZ for 20 years now to enjoy life and the finer things, well if they are affordable. I am not one to just sit around, I am always working or doing something...like right now getting a cup of coffee and chatting with all my new friends.......

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is ok...I don't call them enablers, I consider them sharing their experience so I get smarter at this and also get to see all that is out there to see, without spending my money to see them hahahah...and Maybe even save me from a bad mistake(s). Yes there are alot of expensive gadgets, coral and fish (lions,and tigers and bears oh my!) hahah but if I can build it, in the long run I am saving cash for the good expensive things I can't make...I rather get good stuff and enjoy it then crap and have headaches... I worked up to 3 jobs at a time when I was younger, I hustled in little Italy/ Bronx NY for 20 years, now in AZ for 20 years now to enjoy life and the finer things, well if they are affordable. I am not one to just sit around, I am always working or doing something...like right now getting a cup of coffee and chatting with all my new friends.......
Oh no.. enabling sharks is for sure the right words!

Super stoked to see this thing wet!

OP
OP
1ocean

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry fit time...Got the sumps,which I built still has the paper on the outside, refug behind the bluw box (old buble magus 2 chamber sump 30x13x16) and the kalk and ATO(the blue box in center front, I divided into two and each side hold 7 gallons. It used to be a acrylic retail store lock box for liquor.
Also got these power bars with separate switches for each outlet....

Attachments

• dry fit sumps,refug, Kalk&rodi under 300.jpg
    dry fit sumps,refug, Kalk&rodi under 300.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 135

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back