300 gallon tank build manifold question

MichaelsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while I'm waiting for my 300 gallon tank to be made, I have been doing some preliminary plumbing..I have a utility closet 2' to the right of where my tank is going. I will be hard plumbing this tank and am planning on (1) echotech L1, located in the sump, feeding the equipment in the utility closet then going back to the tank to (2) inputs. Then (1) echotech M1, located in the sump, feeding a small frag tank under the tank then to the (2) other tank inputs. The chiller, which is plumbed online from the UV sterilzer, will have a separate pipe going back to the sump. I have never did a design like this and was wondering if this setup will work.

IMG_3648.JPG

OP
OP
M

MichaelsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a good idea for me to do so. I did not for 2 reasons..1) The echo Tech L1 is a controllable pump 2) I figured I would need the full 3000gph anyway. At 5' head, the pump will be at 2500- 2600 gph. Then it is 3' to the utility closet, then T off to the manifold, then a few elbows and 45's, then 3' back to the tank. I might only have 1000-1500 gph left. The 2 other tank inputs will be fed by the echo tech M1 from the sump right up to the tank...In between, I am going to have a gate valve to feed my small frag tank which is also under the tank.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back