300 Gallon Tank Build

So it’s been 5 weeks, sorry for not posting, but a lot of family stuff going on. I had a devastating ick outbreak which started with the Achilles Tang and wiped out a total of 10 fish. After treatment I have 5 fish remaining and everyone is doing great now. The outbreak happened immediately after I moved the fish and continued to get worse for about 7 days. I will start to introduce new fish this weekend after 4 weeks of ick not showing itself.I have started dosing and have added a few corals. Pictures to follow.
 
Here are a couple of pictures
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0962.jpeg
    IMG_0962.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 86
So it’s been 5 weeks, sorry for not posting, but a lot of family stuff going on. I had a devastating ick outbreak which started with the Achilles Tang and wiped out a total of 10 fish. After treatment I have 5 fish remaining and everyone is doing great now. The outbreak happened immediately after I moved the fish and continued to get worse for about 7 days. I will start to introduce new fish this weekend after 4 weeks of ick not showing itself.I have started dosing and have added a few corals. Pictures to follow.
Sorry about all the losses!
 
This hobby is painful at times! Especially when you get attached to these fish. A few of the fish I lost I had for 8-9 months. I will learn from this and be a better hobbyist.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new