300 Gallon Tank Build

So it’s been 5 weeks, sorry for not posting, but a lot of family stuff going on. I had a devastating ick outbreak which started with the Achilles Tang and wiped out a total of 10 fish. After treatment I have 5 fish remaining and everyone is doing great now. The outbreak happened immediately after I moved the fish and continued to get worse for about 7 days. I will start to introduce new fish this weekend after 4 weeks of ick not showing itself.I have started dosing and have added a few corals. Pictures to follow.
 
Here are a couple of pictures
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0962.jpeg
    IMG_0962.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 86
So it’s been 5 weeks, sorry for not posting, but a lot of family stuff going on. I had a devastating ick outbreak which started with the Achilles Tang and wiped out a total of 10 fish. After treatment I have 5 fish remaining and everyone is doing great now. The outbreak happened immediately after I moved the fish and continued to get worse for about 7 days. I will start to introduce new fish this weekend after 4 weeks of ick not showing itself.I have started dosing and have added a few corals. Pictures to follow.
Sorry about all the losses!
 
This hobby is painful at times! Especially when you get attached to these fish. A few of the fish I lost I had for 8-9 months. I will learn from this and be a better hobbyist.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new