300 Gallon Tank (Need HELP!!!)

datgsxrboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall! So I picked up a 8ft 300 gallon tank last week for SUPER cheap.
Its a Euro braced style tank with the trim around the bottom (no center support though).
Well the bottom trim is cracked and missing in some places. Was curious if I need to remove the rest and try to find a company online that makes this trim (no manufacture sticker or stamp on the tank) or if the tank is fine without it since its a euro braced style anyway and never had the center support on the trim.
Please any help or ideas would be great.
Thank you all!

Last edited:

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouls just get new glass cut and silicon it on its super easy

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a plastic trim strip that’s broken and missing, then I’d remove the rest and not worry too much about it. As I understand it that stuff is pretty much decorative on bigger tanks anyway (though I could be wrong - you could always reach out to a tank maker like glasscages to find out from the pros). If you’re concerned, though, you can always add a centerbrace with a small piece of glass and a cheap tube of silicone (look up tips for getting a clean silicone line and you should be fine with that small of a piece).

OP
OP
D

datgsxrboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a plastic trim strip that’s broken and missing, then I’d remove the rest and not worry too much about it. As I understand it that stuff is pretty much decorative on bigger tanks anyway (though I could be wrong - you could always reach out to a tank maker like glasscages to find out from the pros). If you’re concerned, though, you can always add a centerbrace with a small piece of glass and a cheap tube of silicone (look up tips for getting a clean silicone line and you should be fine with that small of a piece).
Yea, I reached out to custom aquariums as it looks like one of their tanks so I looked to see if they sold the trim.
like I said it doesn’t have a center brace anyway, so I was thinking it was just for show. All the corners on the trim had seams anyway so its not like it was “holding” anything.
but I just want to make sure haha.
I’m drilling it for peninsula style overflow box and all. So I’m going all out with this one haha

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 400g is missing a small section on the bottom. If it's really bothering you, My suggestion is to take some painters tape,tape it out following the lines of the trimes edge. Sand the remaining trim a few inches on either side of the cracks and missing areas. Use gel superglue to glue the cracks together. Then use some of the black 2 part epoxy from homedepot lowes or auto zone ect, to fill in the missing areas. As its hardening, tacky and still hot, remove the tape. Reape and sand the areas to be smooth with the rest of the trim. Then to finish it off use some rattle can bedliner to cover the entire trim or some rustoleum enamel paint and a small roller or brush to do the same.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back