300 Mixed Reef Build

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And speaking of ricordea, I have one and I put it up on a rock several times but it gets back onto the sand. Yours are on a rock, Mel. Did you glue them down? They seem to like to move where they want. At least mine does!

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you... thank you... and thank you ;)
um...far as rics... i had some of them... i got some of them from poolkeeper, tkimmons, and ocd reefer... they were on rocks when i got them... so.. .not sure the secret...
i actually removed about half of them... i had tons! they grow like weeds...

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should just attach themselves if they are in a low flow area tina. From my experience at leat they will just attach themselves after a day or si if not moved by flow

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a cup with some small rocks in it and put a screen lid on it hell have to attach to the rock. One of my rics attached itself in 30 mins but could take cpl days tops

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems i needed to the mandarins to motivate me to continue the build... :)

yes... thats right... i havent touched my tank since september of last year... some of it due to being very busy... but mostly because i suffered the DEATH again... we were seriously debating on turning the tank into a hampster cage... but then we found the female mandarin... sooooo... we decided to continue building... this time just putting in lps... and periodically months apart... start introducing sps to see if the coast is clear... so... my good friend Bill came down... and we did a mega-mod on the lights... we configuerd the LED's so that the entire fixture was self supported... powering and controlling all 216 leds from the fixture itself... meaning there are only two cables leaving the light fixture... one for power... and another for data... its SUPER clean... and extremely lightweight... total fixture weighing less than 30lbs.

this is the control platform.. it looks complicated... but its really quite organized in such a small space...

mount.jpg

overall view from the top..

fullshottop.jpg

and bottom....

fullshotbottom.jpg

and finally... we continue to build

:)

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Zef.
HahA! That's not my tank. lol

seems i needed to the mandarins to motivate me to continue the build... :)

yes... thats right... i havent touched my tank since september of last year... some of it due to being very busy... but mostly because i suffered the DEATH again... we were seriously debating on turning the tank into a hampster cage... but then we found the female mandarin... sooooo... we decided to continue building... this time just putting in lps... and periodically months apart... start introducing sps to see if the coast is clear... so... my good friend Bill came down... and we did a mega-mod on the lights... we configuerd the LED's so that the entire fixture was self supported... powering and controlling all 216 leds from the fixture itself... meaning there are only two cables leaving the light fixture... one for power... and another for data... its SUPER clean... and extremely lightweight... total fixture weighing less than 30lbs.

this is the control platform.. it looks complicated... but its really quite organized in such a small space...

mount.jpg

overall view from the top..

fullshottop.jpg

and bottom....

fullshotbottom.jpg

and finally... we continue to build

:)
Nice DIY you and bill did a great job.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back