OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so... this is pretty fun... maybe... just a glance at my kids... one of the things ive improved on this build is noise... if you listen you can hear the kitchen faucet being turned on in the background... this one is MUCH quieter... but lets not pretend thats why i posted this :)

say hello to the wet side of the family...

300 build :: fishvid.mp4 video by mtrc_new_wave - Photobucket

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did bill finish with led already or are those the reefbrites led.
Love all the fish.

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did bill finish with led already or are those the reefbrites led.
Love all the fish.

thats just the radium MH 250's
but i think bill is going to have my leds finished today :-D and thank you :)

We need a full tank & equipment tour video...

thats a cool idea... ill make one when im mostly finished with the build.. it'll be awesome!

Jeezzz.. did you just dump a mess of fish in that tank.. wow...

nah... it was just about feeding time... they all like to come say hi bout dinner time :)

i flagged u for inaporopriate content on photobucket. i saw naked clowns

glad you noticed them.. they are my FAVS!!!!!

and thank you too... Chris and Tina! :)

and still we build!

Last edited:

1tyme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need sleep

Man u have been busy. Looking good. Maybe Ill have time to see in person while on the way to or from meeting. Looking forward to it. man I need some sleep. :squigglemouth:

Last edited:
OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so.. for those of you who dont know... i started this build... i was just about finished with it... and finally finished out the framing around the outside of the wall.. and the next think you know.. MRTC ATTACKED ME!!! saying things like... "dude.. your frame sucks!" and "man... thats the most rediculous thing i have ever seen!!!"

that kinda hurt my feeling a little... so i talked with liz about what we should do... and we decided to change houses... there was no way to fix the frame around the tank... and obviously MTRC was not going to let it go... so.. here we are...

i called in the troops and we changed houses...

so we moved... this is the new stand (unfinished of course) in its new location... as you can see.. we've eliminated the frame :)
move1.jpg

billplumbing.jpg

temporary sump
sumptemp.jpg

and finally we got the LEDs up YAY!!!!!
led.jpg

the wiring is a nightmare... ive got to do something about this... but it works for the time being
wiring.jpg

here is the guilty party... minus one guy who decided to chop off his finger... another guy... who just stopped in for pizza :)
evilcrew.jpg

and im sure im forgetting someone.. *chime in :)
and here's where we stand as of now... safe in the new house... everything temporary... but levels and inhabitants are happy
fullshot.jpg

and still we build....

Last edited:

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say that your FRAME IS AWESOME. Please don't move houses again for a while.... Kidding I am liking the new stand once the plumbing is all setup it is pretty sweet. I can't wait to see the rest of the hardware on the stand. I am really interested to see this again as the stand is fully finished out. I know Bill will kill you if you deciede to move again so the rest of us will not have to worry much about that.

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm well someone made a fool of themselves if they said your build work sucks. That person obviously doesnt have two brain cells to rub together. I know in the end your system will rock !! Best of luck Mel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently the tail spot blenny and the six line wrasse were as excited as we are about having carpet.
RIP my little friends. :cry:

Liz

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys... just wanted to pop in and say im sorry i havent been around much... been really busy working... but wanted to let you know that i still find the time to work on the tank... i havent done much of anything on the cosmetics of the setup... but have added some cool stuff...
rics.jpg

greenbubble.jpg

coral1.jpg

and a "real" FTS ;)
tankshot.jpg

i still have a ton of work to do on this thing... and i have a lot of coral still to come...

so... still we build!
:)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back