OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... Today was a productive day... I finally put the overflow covers on... I raised the water level in the tank to the full level... Put the moon lights on... Recharged the carbon and gfo... Filled the 2-part ... Cleaned the skimmer... Took out the excess rock In The sump... Raised the sump level to where it's supposed to be... Put the chato I a basket... Put the chato light on the controller... Installed a circulation pump In The sump... ... Tidy'd up the plumbimg and some of the wires...And put noise baffels On the overflows... For the first time the tank is somewhat fully operational.... I pu a few frags in the tank today... Heck... Maybe tomorrow I'll even check levels... Maybe things will start coming together. It feels good to have somewhat of a decent setup again :). It may seem pretty routine... But it's kinda feels good to me... First time I really messed with the tank since September.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you remove rock from the sump? was there a bunch of build up? Is that the reason for the circulation pump?

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah... Just personal preference... I like my sump empty... I have 250 lbs of rock and 225lbs of sand In the tank... That's more than enough biological ... I added the circulation pump to mix any chemicals I put In plus the dosers. Plus it heats the sump more evenly to make the heaters more effective... And moves water accross the chato (sp)... But yea... It also helps keep the sump clean...

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sump.jpg

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good...

I am going to add a pump to my sump asap. I need the heater to work better for me, and to keep the crud stirred up too....thanks

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are precision marine (PM) reactors... holla at the boys / gals from PM.. these reactors are top notch!

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few shots of the LED's... wanna say thank you to BILL for the ENDLESS hours you put into helping me design, build, wire, repair... and EVERYTHING ELSE you did to help me get this killer rig... RICK... thank you for your electronic technical support... REEFLEDLIGHTS... for the top notch lighting materials, and youre EXCELLENT customer support!

led1.jpg

led5.jpg

led3.jpg

led4.jpg

amt68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say what an impresive build you have! I was wanting to know what you used to mount your led's to and if you have any heat issues, do you need to use fans? Thanks for your time. Bob

Bob's Phone

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say what an impresive build you have! I was wanting to know what you used to mount your led's to and if you have any heat issues, do you need to use fans? Thanks for your time. Bob

Bob's Phone

Thank you. Very much! :) for the build... Poolkeeper1 (Bill) kinda spear-headed the framing... We used 3/4 aluminum u-channel to constrct the frame... Mounted the LEDs with screws using arctic silver (or something like that I think) for heat transfer to the Aluminum... Um... I don't believe the manufacturer recommends this method as of yet... We've been keeping an eye on The temperatures... If the LEDs are Being overdriven... The. There are heat issues I think... However properly tuned thu seem to be running In the proper temperature range... There are a few of us In the club running the same "framing"... I believe some are NOT running fans... However I do... Because ... Well... I've neEver heard anyone blaming led failures because they were too cold :)

Poolkeeper1, mixer911, and a few others probably know way more than me... But I hope that helps...

koda12305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build has been sweet! I just read through the entire thing and it is great I hope to be able to have a tank that size in the future.

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build has been sweet! I just read through the entire thing and it is great I hope to be able to have a tank that size in the future.

thank you... :) there is still ALOT mor to do... i gotta build the canopy... finish the stand... and there is a couple things im gonna do... so... so far so good :) maybe one day ill finish! (but i doubt it) so many mods can be made...

... and still we build

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back