30g build

Cjsanders757

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
290
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a 30g reef tank but I'm on a tight budget. How can I start this without blowing my money? What should I buy first? I have an ac50 on my 10g nano which I'm upgraded to the 30g.
 
I wonder if a 29g bio cube would be the best buy. Unless you already have the tank, it might be cheaper than buying all the individual stuff. I think some even come with skimmers.
 
Go with dry rock if you are on a budget. It will take longer to cycle, but is only a fraction of the cost, plus the benefits of not having any unwated pests.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new