OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can't fault you for the reasoning there.

And did you say you were getting another 310 in peninsula in addition to the one you have? If so, you'll LOVE it. I have a 180 peninsula and it's just awesome to view the tank on three full sides. My wife didn't quite understand what I wanted when I told her. But she has dropped a couple comments about how "it's nice to look at and fits the space well." That's her way of saying "you were right". Don't tell my wife but if we buy the house we are renting I'm planning a custom 360 peninsula, 72x48x24

I wish I could add a peninsula but my layout doesn’t quite fit. I might add a FOWLR tank. But not quite sure if I do or has to be somewhere around these dimensions 60”x 24”x 30”. I’m thinking that would be enough to possibly make it a small predator tank or a tank with just angels and butterflies

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest acquisitions. Desjardini Sailfin, pair of Picasso extreme clowns, candy hogfish, and red coris wrasse all in qt with 2.0 copper power.

D56AFC12-0379-4A1F-A963-8E29B1A1AF02.jpeg

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you interested in the new radion g5 I can tell you the pics do no justice as far as the colors. Once I get them on the tank I will take plenty of pics. Also if you do purchase the new g5 be sure to start them up and update etc... before mounting on your tank. When they are unpackaged and plugged in they start a cycle of all colors are super bright plus update and this can shock coral and fish

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure @Karliefish. I am so excited. I am so proud of the Glass Cages Team. They have really stepped up. I am humbled by their efforts to raise the bar and it is evident by the reviews.

Our website is still the same. We are planning an update soon. Our initial goal was to improve the product and how we serve. Feel free to reach out. I am so passionate about this hobby and love talking tanks. I welcome the conversation. I have shared before. I want to support this community even if you select a different builder. There are some great builder out there, Planet Aquarium, Custom Aquariums, Miracles, Coast to Coast, Reef Savvy, SCA, Crystal Dynamics, to list a few. I am sure you would be happy with those too. Our goal is to grow and serve the community the best we possibly can. Onward and beyond!
Joe - great attitude....you are definitely an asset to Glass Cages! Question....do you guys ever do onsite builds? (I’m located in North Carolina) My home is in the mountains on a slight slope and getting a tank moved into the home might be quite tricky. Or do you know of reputable companies that will do onsite builds?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe - great attitude....you are definitely an asset to Glass Cages! Question....do you guys ever do onsite builds? (I’m located in North Carolina) My home is in the mountains on a slight slope and getting a tank moved into the home might be quite tricky. Or do you know of reputable companies that will do onsite builds?
Great question @Karliefish. we have done builds on-site. Would need to be something we plan and discuss. Always an option.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question @Karliefish. we have done builds on-site. Would need to be something we plan and discuss. Always an option.
I see that you guys are in Tennessee and Im in North Caolina. How best to start this conversation to see if this is even possible or if its going to be cost prohibitive?

mark Prieto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing station looks so much better painted just waiting for the 1/4 tubing so I can connect the RODI just under the Versas. Versas will be doing auto water changes 2 gallons a day.

C5DAC14D-405D-4145-8AED-7ACAD7633E01.jpeg 4AD43485-37C6-4196-9CD8-C6B508D21801.jpeg
Hi, As I am just starting my build I was impressed with your but I have one question is a 75Gall set of tanks big enough ? I will have @290 setup with sump and Tank and I am trying to decide what size water tanks to get?
Thanks,
Mark

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, As I am just starting my build I was impressed with your but I have one question is a 75Gall set of tanks big enough ? I will have @290 setup with sump and Tank and I am trying to decide what size water tanks to get?
Thanks,
Mark

it all depends on how much water you are looking to change out and also how much room you have. These 75 gal tanks are quite tall. I went with 75 becauae I have my system setup to do 60 gallons a month for auto water change. The two combined tanks can produce 150 gallons if there is an emergency.

I will also say that the bigger you go the more expensive they are, me personally I think I paid $140 or $150 for each and did not see the value in another $60 in going bigger for 25 gallons more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lids took a little longer than expected but it was definitely worth the wait. Definitely good quality craftsmanship. Over all great communication from Clear view lids from start to finish. Can’t wait to get the canopy up this weekend

62B7F90D-C8E3-4C77-8402-360E1F96B58A.jpeg B8968E48-4EE8-426B-9E62-222DB37442D7.jpeg

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, love the aquascape.

Regarding the G5's - if you are running a Apex have you got them connected in anyway or both completely independent.

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, love the aquascape.

Regarding the G5's - if you are running a Apex have you got them connected in anyway or both completely independent.

thank you, and as much as I loved my aquascape I want to open up the left just a little more to have more layers so I can have moredepth and add more corals with caves big enough for my tangs to swim through as they get bigger.

in regards to the G5 I only have them on the Mobius app. Same with the Versas for the water change. I do not have an apex yet that will be coming next month.That I am aware of none of the new ecotech equipment can connect to an apex.

Meista_Flya

It wasn't me!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man. Awesome thread and awesome build. I just was at my local fish store and actually saw the same tank you have and fell in love with it. I am totally thinking about ordering one! I may have to get with you personally threw PM or something and talk to you about your process. I have so many questions!!!!

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man. Awesome thread and awesome build. I just was at my local fish store and actually saw the same tank you have and fell in love with it. I am totally thinking about ordering one! I may have to get with you personally threw PM or something and talk to you about your process. I have so many questions!!!!

thank you, and I will be glad to help just shoot me a pm when your ready

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back