OP
botheboss

botheboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be a good one!!
Thanks Pretty much a dream setup for me. Debating on starboard or tiles on the bottom. That’s the next decision. Got another month or so before water goes in probably. Hopefully sooner then later.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice dimensions! I plan to do something around the same size when we settle into a house!

Have you decided on equipment list for the tank? Or what kind of corals you plan on doing?

I’m interested in your choice of lights and wavemakers.

OP
OP
botheboss

botheboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice dimensions! I plan to do something around the same size when we settle into a house!

Have you decided on equipment list for the tank? Or what kind of corals you plan on doing?

I’m interested in your choice of lights and wavemakers.
I plan on using my 8 bulb ati sun power and reef breeders I have on my 180 now. Might have to add something on the ends idk yet. I also have 6 mp 40s idk if that going to be enough either but we are gonna find out! Lol

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on using my 8 bulb ati sun power and reef breeders I have on my 180 now. Might have to add something on the ends idk yet. I also have 6 mp 40s idk if that going to be enough either but we are gonna find out! Lol
Wow 6 mp40’s that’s a ton of flow.

Personally I was thinking of doing 4 redsea 45’s or 4 gyre 350s when I do my tank. 2 on the side and two along the back wall. Would possibly need more flow once frags grow into colonies though.

OP
OP
botheboss

botheboss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks amazing so far! so its a peninsula? you'll be able to see through to your fish room?
Yes I went peninsula because it had to go right against the wall on that side. Plus I did want overflows in the middle of this tank. I was thinking of put something over the back when I have ppl over lol. But I definitely want see through the back of the tank because I’m gonna be back there a lot......

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I went peninsula because it had to go right against the wall on that side. Plus I did want overflows in the middle of this tank. I was thinking of put something over the back when I have ppl over lol. But I definitely want see through the back of the tank because I’m gonna be back there a lot......
or just make your fish room that much more amazing and presentable :) i love seeing all the technology behind it as i do the fish.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back