3155 Auto Top Off - Tunze Problem

Lyons76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas how to fix my Tunze 3155. Had it now for 10 months. All the sudden it's loosing it's ability to refill the tank. Sensor and switch have been cleaned. When I turn it turned off and on again, it sees that the water level is low and adds water for 10-15 seconds then stops like it has reached the required level. Several inches short. Any ideas?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas how to fix my Tunze 3155. Had it now for 10 months. All the sudden it's loosing it's ability to refill the tank. Sensor and switch have been cleaned. When I turn it turned off and on again, it sees that the water level is low and adds water for 10-15 seconds then stops like it has reached the required level. Several inches short. Any ideas?
The unit will cycle on/fill whenever it is turned off and on again.
Not understanding the 2-3" short.
The drop in water level is not noticable in both my systems when the system is running.

OP
OP
L

Lyons76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. When I turn it on it will show below normal orange, come on/fill for 10-15 seconds and then show normal and shut off. Didn't know it wasn't working properly until I heard the tank gurgling that it needed water hence the 2-3 inches from where the sensor is located.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's working as it should, I would say the optical sensor has failed.

When you power on the unit, you see a low level indicator, the pump primes(dumps about agallon or so in), then should either notice it's low and refill, or go to a green level indicator.

If it's low, and showing level, the sensor has failed. It's an easy repair and @rvitko can do it in a couple days if you contact him.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps will only cycle for about 15seconds then they take a break and will cycle back on again not very long after. Have you left it to see if it will run the pump again on its own since cleaning the sensors?

OP
OP
L

Lyons76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps will only cycle for about 15seconds then they take a break and will cycle back on again not very long after. Have you left it to see if it will run the pump again on its own since cleaning the sensors?
Yes I have. control board just continues to be green.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you leave the optical sensor in Vinager for a while (5-10 minutes) and scrub it with a cloth. Don't use a brush.

Maybe their is Calcium deposits avoiding the sensor to detect the level.

OP
OP
L

Lyons76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. I’ll deep clean the sensor and reach out to the Tunze contact if that doesn’t work.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%

Back