32.5 Stocking Guide

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2.5-year-old 32.5-gallon mixed reef tank. I currently have 2 clownfish and 2 Bangii cardinalfish. And I know, the Bangaiis might be aggressive. I've been keeping an eye on them and might remove one. Here's what Im thinking about adding in for the rest of the tank.

x1 goby pistol shrimp pair
x1 royal gramma basslet
x1 blenny
Possibly will add 1 more fish if I get rid of the Bangaii. Most likely something like a chalk bass or Coral Beauty. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for the fish to be (for the most part) non-aggressive and hardy. I'm unsure what Goby and Blenny to get and wanted some opinions on that. Looking for them to have great personality and look really cool (though Im aware that's not the highest priority) and for the goby Im looking for one that is very good with the pistol shrimp. Also, for all fish I want I want to be invert-friendly. Thank you!

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blennies are a great fish with awesome personalities. they also love barnacles (subtle hint). My banggai have always been very peaceful (the clownfish have been the d*cks).
Awesome! Yea they are gorgeous fish. I was just debating between that and a starry or bicolor. Do you have any opinion on a goby or another fish? Yea my clowns Im pretty sure are male and female and they get along amazingly, where as my Bangaiis avoid and bully each other. Pretty sure the Bangaiis are both males or both females. Though one is quite a bit bigger than the other even though I bought them when they were the same size. Im not really sure.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one else have any opinions or ideas?
Bangaiis are usually very peaceful but somehow avoid getting bulled. I don't know how. For blennies, I would avoid midas for a 32 since they can get territorial. Twospot and Lawnmower blennies are awesome. I have a lawnmower named Jombo Spice. Hes amazing. For gobies I recommend YWG and Randall's prawn goby. May I also suggest a yellow-headed jawfish? Just make sure you have a decent amount of sand. Also, YHJs can be in a pair, trio, group of 5, group of 7, etc. They can live in colonies. i would go with no more than 2 in a 32.

Cheers

Back