OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more pic of the SPS Frag Tank. These frags many now mini colonies will be transplanted into the 320. Getting amazing growth with ULNS, Leds, and heavy feeding.

frags429.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change Update

Originally

1. I was planning 4 MP40's to the back, however made the mistake by putting the tank too close to the wall. The MP40's only make it about 3 feet at full blast on the ends and will not be enough flow the the SPS tank I am imagining.
2. I was going to use my BubbleMaster 250 until the tank grew. It was not performing as well as modern skimmers and too loud.
3. Was going to dose two part on doser then started looking at the Geo 624.

Now
  1. I will be using a MP60w and MP40 on each end.
  2. I purchased the Reef Octopus SRO-5000int
  3. Geo is quality but outdated – I whet with the Reef Octopus Duel Chamber/20 lb CO/2 tank/ and AP regulator. Tropic Eden Media.
Question – What does everyone use for Mag. The pros tell me that you would have to put the c02 at a low 6 to dissolve Mag in the calcium chamber and the recommendation is to dose it or run a 2nd reactor. Is this true? What would you recommend?

Since I have no pics Ill post of my frag tank which I keep adding stuff to.
frags50812.jpg

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've manages to keep my Mg in line by using dolomite in my single chamber CaRx and using Brightwells kalk+2 in my Kalk reactor. Between that and biweekly water changes, my Mg stays right around 1300ppm

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank! I noticed you were thinking about using bio pellets and GFO. From what I read in the past you should not use both. one or the other. I could be wrong but im pretty sure that is what i read in some threads :neutral:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run both. It's not a problem. Most folk prefer to run only bio-pellets because it is much cheaper than GFO. But also, there are systems that just require it. bio-pellets will keep your nitrates down all the time, but sometimes can be a challenge for them to keep phos at 0.03, so some supplement with GFO.

Amazing build by the way! The sch 80 pvc is sexy! I know that sounds funny, but it is. Very nice job. I wish you the best and am following along.

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run both. It's not a problem. Most folk prefer to run only bio-pellets because it is much cheaper than GFO. But also, there are systems that just require it. bio-pellets will keep your nitrates down all the time, but sometimes can be a challenge for them to keep phos at 0.03, so some supplement with GFO.

Amazing build by the way! The sch 80 pvc is sexy! I know that sounds funny, but it is. Very nice job. I wish you the best and am following along.

Sweet! Thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. Now i might have to get a bio pellet reactor as well.. lol

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tank finally cycled and I moved over the fish and LPS Corals. I installed the MP 60, MP40 and New Skimmer. The new CARX looks good.

51301.jpg

51302.jpg

51303.jpg

51304.jpg
51305.jpg

51306.jpg

bmac16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build!! How are the LEDs over a deeper tank?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order your pipe and fittings?

There is a local plumbing store Warren Pipe: Warren Pipe
I think they do sell online but several places on line sell it. Look for Schedule 80.

One other thing that you can do and save a few buck, as shedule 80 is expensive, is just get the valves in schedule 80 and buy white schedule 40 for all other and paint it with Krylon Fusion which is reef safe.

Tom

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back