OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question, you got a massive ca rx, was the kal reactor necessary?

I use the Kalk Reactor in line with my ATO. It is used to stabilize my PH. It is programmed to turn on for 5 minutes every hour when the float switch is down and the PH is < than 8.3. As you can see I have perfect PH. PH2 is the probe inside of the carx reactor. It is said that effluent from a carx lowers PH. With Kalk dosing I have not had this issue. This picture was taken at 3 AM when PH is typically at its low point.

ApexCapture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update 6/10/2012

I added a Tunze 6215 Wavebox which is pretty cool. Added a handful of square anthias. Finally added a few large colonies of SPS that I picked up from a fellow reefer getting out. Have the Leds at 50% and can see some of my LPS bleaching. Just breaking in the tank. Down the road I will move out many of the LPS and use that realestate for the SPS that I am growing in my Prop. tank.

TankUpdate61012.jpg

tankupdate206102012.jpg

Tankupdate306102012.jpg

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7/7/2012

Hi All,
Sorry I have not provided updates in sometime. I have been busy hanging out with the kids in the pool. However, I am still in the background making progress. I designed my water change system. It features a 4 way manifold that allows one barrel to drain to another, barrel circulation and a direct path upstairs to the 320. The pump is a Reeflo Dart that will serve as a Back-Up for the main system. The system is controlled by ball valves and the temp, power to heater and pump by apex. It also has a maintenance port that I use to fill up the frag tank. I can do 60 gallon WC in less than 10 minutes and the system can store about 120 gallons of ro/di water. The Frag tank is really growing well. I had an incident where the pump failed and the water back in the sump overflowed the skimmer. This happened a few times as the pump kept stopping and starting. In addition the bio pellet reactor failed because it was plumed into the main pump. The issues are resolved now but the corals colors are less than desirable. The good news is that the growth is profound. Finally I picked up a 10†Naso tang (Thanks George) which has a great personality and reorged the Euphyllia along the “dead space†to make room for the SPS
Until Next time.

771.jpg

772.jpg

773.jpg

774.jpg

775.jpg

And from my seat on the sectional!!!!!!!!!!!!
776.jpg

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, keep it up! 1smile1

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHat awesome progress, thanks for showing the WC station, I am looking to be making one when I move to Fort Myers next month.

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay the 320 Build is completed. Everything is moved over and happy. Is it really ever done? We can just call this the beginning. I will perodically post pics as things grow out. Below is the final pic. There are about 200is frags in the sand bed.

Thanks all for sharing your ideas - I really appriciate it.

3207222012.jpg

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done with the thread, awesome job man! I'll be using your thread as a guide when I upgrade to a 300G sometime next year. :)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back