I added a Tunze 6215 Wavebox which is pretty cool. Added a handful of square anthias. Finally added a few large colonies of SPS that I picked up from a fellow reefer getting out. Have the Leds at 50% and can see some of my LPS bleaching. Just breaking in the tank. Down the road I will move out many of the LPS and use that realestate for the SPS that I am growing in my Prop. tank.
Hi All,
Sorry I have not provided updates in sometime. I have been busy hanging out with the kids in the pool. However, I am still in the background making progress. I designed my water change system. It features a 4 way manifold that allows one barrel to drain to another, barrel circulation and a direct path upstairs to the 320. The pump is a Reeflo Dart that will serve as a Back-Up for the main system. The system is controlled by ball valves and the temp, power to heater and pump by apex. It also has a maintenance port that I use to fill up the frag tank. I can do 60 gallon WC in less than 10 minutes and the system can store about 120 gallons of ro/di water. The Frag tank is really growing well. I had an incident where the pump failed and the water back in the sump overflowed the skimmer. This happened a few times as the pump kept stopping and starting. In addition the bio pellet reactor failed because it was plumed into the main pump. The issues are resolved now but the corals colors are less than desirable. The good news is that the growth is profound. Finally I picked up a 10†Naso tang (Thanks George) which has a great personality and reorged the Euphyllia along the “dead space†to make room for the SPS
Until Next time.
Okay the 320 Build is completed. Everything is moved over and happy. Is it really ever done? We can just call this the beginning. I will perodically post pics as things grow out. Below is the final pic. There are about 200is frags in the sand bed.
Thanks all for sharing your ideas - I really appriciate it.