So now the results are:

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
PH 8.1-8.3
KH 80
Calcium 360
Salinity/SG 1.0255

I will be adding one prawn every 2 days till I order my fish... 5 days before my fish are supposed to come I will add 5 prawns and take them out the night before my fish arrive.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I couldn't wait... I got my first fish today :D

Firstfish4.jpg

What you can't see any fish... neither can I so lets zoom in... I can see one in that picture... but you need to know where to look.

Firstfish5.jpg

Lets zoom in a little more... I think everyone should be able to see one in this picture.

Firstfish6.jpg

And zoom one more time for a nice close up shot.

Firstfish7.jpg

If you look really close you can see two fish... it's like wheres Waldo :D

Firstfish3.jpg

Another picture of my two first fish.

Firstfish2.jpg

My best picture I have ever take of a solo fish... today was my first day photographing fish...

Firstfish.jpg

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I was planning on finishing my lights today... no such luck... my bottom tank gave way... so I now have Rubbermaid tubs as my sump... I think my fish might be dead too... thank cooled down a fair bit. Also with all the disturbance of the sand moving it into my new sump, now I can't see 1" into my tank. I'll post again on Wednesday at the latest.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I took so long had some leak issues with my LED cooling so I needed to get that fixed before I took pictures. Well here they are.

15 Yellow 20 White and 25 blue.
AllYellow.jpg

AllWhite.jpg

AllBlue.jpg

AllOn.jpg

A view of them mounted.
LightsMounted.jpg

FTS with the lights on.
FTSwithLights.jpg

A couple of pics of my new Rubbermaid sump...
NewSump.jpg

NewSump2.jpg

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh.. thanks, all I could do in an emergency... I might keep it though I kinda like it...

On a side note my tank electrocuted me for the first time... I got home and was putting some stuff in my tank... my arm was grounded on the aluminum as my hand touched the water... made me jump... I almost fell off the ladder lol. Didn't take me long to find it... I only had two things not plugged into the GFI socket... a couple of heaters (that I installed today) ... and one was cracked... it's in the garbage now :D

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may not have any real updates for a week or more as I am working for 12 days strait starting tomorrow... But I'll try to continue to answer questions and comments.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that these are the only 2 pictures that show the top of the LED's... and now that they are installed it is hard to take a pic of the hardware side... I am using water to cool the LED's... I have 300' of 1/2" pipe buried underground dissipating the heat.

SolderingHeatSink.jpg

Feedingwires.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically my tank tried to kill me a week or so ago... got electrocuted... luckily it was only my arm and didn't ark across my chest, if it had I would have probably gone to the ER or morgue. Then just this last Saturday my dad comes home (he's been gone for over a month) He's in the basement cleaning up and he plugs back in one of his things... but to do that he unplugs an extension cord. The cord was powering my water pump for the cooling of my LED's... So I get home from work and I reach up to test the temperature of my pipes (to make sure that it is dissipating well and not starting to warm up.) and of course my pump is off, so I burn my hand pretty bad... I unplug my LED's. 50% are burnt out, after they cooled some came back on... but I'm sure my whole set-up of 60 LED's has greatly shortened it's life. So I take the lights down replace the 21 that are not working and put it back up... while I am plugging my LED's back into the power bar I slip and get a valve in the eye. Now it looks like I lost a fight, right around my eye is a little cut up and all black and blue. Also I didn't let my rocks cure long enough in the ocean... (3 weeks wasn't enough) so my PH is a little high... I'll have to continue to work it down till I have stabilized it. I was in such a rush in setting up I forgot to check the rock to see if it was done leaching prior to putting it in my tank. It looks like maybe no fish till... Christmas? I hope I don't have to wait that long but I need to step back and learn some things from this... like; I need a controller for my LED's with a thermometer to tell them to shut off past a certain temp, people were not kidding when they said "The only thing that happens quickly in a reef tank is failure." I will continue to answer questions and such but I'm guessing between 2-6 weeks for my rock to finish leaching... so I won't be able to do anything until then... so I just have to wait it out.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back