320g build/journey/experiment :-)

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite the tank. what exactly happened to the previous sump tank? Did it crack?

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom seem along the back panel parted... improper installation on a non level floor... Tank is easily fixed but I didn't have the space to level it so I put the totes there instead (they don't care about an uneven floor)

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a few things because my cycle stalled and within 4.5 hours my ammonia was halved.
Ammonia 2.5
Nitrite 5+ (off the scale)
Nitrate 40-50

Last edited:

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build thread love the pics ..man the rock work is awesome bet the fish love it how long did it take to make all the rock formations total time vested?

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build thread love the pics ..man the rock work is awesome bet the fish love it how long did it take to make all the rock formations total time vested?
If you count the time filling and emptying the tank as well as the time to put them in the ocean and retrieve them.... lots of man hours... I would say possibly 40 hours....

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 10 (+/- 5 as it is hard to read some of these tests... and I'm doing a 10/90 dilution ratio)
Nitrate 20

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the controller is supposed to get here any day now... But I couldn't wait...

I see LIFE in my tank... for a day or two at least
Here are my test subjects... Hope you live a long time buddies.
953.jpg

966.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this tank has come a long way...Congrats on the controller and your "Test Subjects" Looking forward to following along!

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I got my controller today WOOT! But I didn't get to set it up. I was working on modifying my cooling system for my lights... because I "Need" my lights right now.
Why would I need my lights you say. Because I got a piece of plate coral (broken off not sure of type... still needs to color up maybe?) I also got a branching coral that is not properly attached to the puck... but it's all good.

A point of interest... these pictures were taken with my video camera and the color is way off... but here you go.
Coral021.jpg

Coral025.jpg

P.S. I know they will die and I know that they will not be happy. But since I'm new to corals I kinda want to see what they can survive/how long.
Also I'm running on less then half my LED's so they might not be getting enough light. New LED's are in shipping as I type this.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW... that took a long time... I finally got my Apex set up... 21 outlets to program... but I need to add some programing to 12 of them. My tank is now going to have a sun rise/set based on time of year, Temp swings like they are supposed to, Moon lights, doing the time/brightness. Cooling systems coming on when they are needed for my lights. Lights shutting off if they get too hot (to prevent them burning out again)

All and all I'm happy so far... Time for fish :bigsmile:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet can't wait to see it grow!

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a bunch of pictures of my different stages of lights... but it didn't go too well... I think I'm going to make a video and edit out the waiting times between the lights going on/off and then post that rather then 13 pictures.

But I have Fishies!
My starfish.
Lighting005.jpg

A couple pictures of my mated pair.
13411067.jpg

13411055.jpg

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was that a green brittle starfish? if it was then best of luck on no fish disappearing, mine love to eat my little fish. all except my stupid 3stripe damsels that i couldn't ever catch. nice looking tank and setup, keep us updated.
greg

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I would post a quick video of my lights turning off at the end of day.
The LEDs turn off slowly to simulate a sunset (or in morning sunrise) The start at a different time every day depending on the time of year, the time between the first set and last set turning off is the same all year though. I have 12 sets of LEDs with each set having 5 LEDs. This is the order of the LEDs shutting off. W = White at 6700k, WW = Warm White at 3000k, and B = Blue. At 0 min W, 1 Min W, 2 Min W, 3 Min W and a WW that should have gone off at 6 Min, 4 Min WW, 8 Min WW, 11 Min B, 15 min B, 19 Min B, 23 Min B, and the last set of LEDs turns off at 28 Min and is a B.
This is the times that the LEDs shut off in the edited video.
Sets of white (6700k) LEDs turn off at 11 seconds, 21 seconds, 25 seconds, and 36 seconds.
At 37 seconds a set of warm white (3000k) LEDs turn off (programing error)
The other sets of warm white LEDs turn off at 45 seconds and 52 seconds.
The blue LEDs turn off at 1:04, 1:11, 1:15, 1:26, and 1:34

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/45nvyn0GU5A?rel=0[/video]

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back