OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had an order for 33 fish... but I only got 12... I was supposed to get 10 hermits but only got 5. Now my tank has too much yellow/orange/red compared to blue/purple/black/green Of the fish that were supposed to come I have 1 black and a school of 15 blue... oh well here is what I got. (so far I haven't had any fish DOA and no acclimation problems)

The hermits (got 5 of 10)
Newfish003.jpg

The Dispar Anthis (got 10 out of 15)
Newfish013.jpg

Newfish027.jpg

Newfish024.jpg

Newfish020.jpg

Hawaii Flame Wrasse (got both Male and Female)
Newfish030.jpg

Newfish029.jpg

Newfish035.jpg

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be getting any fish for a month or so...
My sister had a house fire and I'm giving my "fish money" for the next little while to her to help her get back on her feet.
I don't know if this is against the rules but if it is please delete this post.

David and Marion Preece had a house fire and lost almost everything. I hope that some how we can rebuild her life close to what it was before the fire. Although there are many things you can't replace, (photos, souvenirs, and sentimental items) they are in great need of normal every day things like a broom, underwear, and a couple pairs of shoes. It is hard to imagine what it would be like to have nothing except a little dept on some items that you no longer have.
If you wish to donate please log into PayPal and make a payment to [email protected]
Even a couple dollars would help. Thanks.
Houseandstuff015.jpg

Last edited:

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear.
Glad they were not hurt.

phillipj2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fire. Your build is sweet just my opinion don't you think you need more flow in that large tank so you don't have dead spots. That's a lot of fish no skimmer? Looks great either way. What controller did you go with if I had the cash I would of went with a profilux.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I asked about controllers nobody even suggested a profilux, I have never heard of it before... I went with an Apex and am very happy with it. I will see if I have enough flow... for now I'm happy with it. As for the skimmer that is part of the experiment :)

phillipj2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I have to the apex. The profilux is more expensive but it's one of the best. If you are going to add flow and are thinking of a vortec do some research on the mp60 people are saying it's too powerful. Maybe not got your volume but you never know.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright enough of this doom and gloom. I have made good use of the de-stressing that my tank provides :)
Here is a lousy FTS
This is the start of my Cano bloom... after just 5 days it has really taken off... I believe it is one of those stages all tanks go through. I will be monitoring the situation but I will give the tank some time to balance out. My zebras continue to school nicely... the Anthias suck.. They some times are in two groups but usually they are all over the place.
Houseandstuff025.jpg

I still thoroughly enjoy watching everyone get cleaned by my shrimp... the clowns and the zebras don't use the shrimp, but everyone else does.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck of a build. Looks good. I do like your rock work. one concern I do have is the rapid addiotion of so many fish. did you see any nitrate spikes? having 5 tangs alone can greatly impact your bio systems.

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a slight "pink" for a few days when I over feed in the beginning.
currently:
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
pH 7.95
Ca 380

one way you should look at my system would be. If you would add 1 tang and expect no jump in levels to a 125 (total water volume) then with my 400g + adding 5 isn't a stretch.
My system has been designed to handle a large final bio load so additions in the beginning have lots of "headroom"

OP
OP
G

Greenmaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I thought I should update my tanks current situation :D
I'm now at the Cyano stage.... I'm waiting for some sodium silicate and some scarlet hermits (can't get them right now... still on waiting list for a few weeks)

FTS
Cyano020.jpg

Some other nasties on a free coral, I'm still happy I got the coral and I gave them a drink... I heard they like lemonade... So far it looks like they liked it so much they thought they would go to the store and buy some more... I haven't seen them since :p

Cyano017.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back