320g build/journey/experiment :-)

Awesome video man - this aquascaping is very slick!!! i love all the little holes and hiding spots...cant wait to see more fish in it!!
 
Awesome video man - this aquascaping is very slick!!! i love all the little holes and hiding spots...cant wait to see more fish in it!!
Thanks I designed the rock to be perfect for all the hiding fish/inverts but so I can still see most of them :D and I hope to get new fish within a few days and a school in two weeks or less.
 
I got some new additions... Most of these photos were taken close to sunset so the "natural" light makes everything look bad... especially at sunset it's kinda yellow.
Halloween hermits... I got 2 they are a nice size... the shell of the large one is bigger then my male clown...
Fish043.jpg



I also got some other cool fish... they are really small... but they are so cool I had to get them... and they make my tank look huge. I got two red headed gobies.

Fish071.jpg


Up close.

Fish060.jpg


Zoomed out a bit.

Fish063.jpg


The pair up close.

Fish075.jpg


Zoomed out a bit.

Fish079.jpg


FTS can you even see the fish LOL! Remember there is some nasty light coming in from outside :p

Fish065.jpg
 
Finally after many days and stalking the tank till the wee hours... I caught my brittle star :D it is now in my refuge. at 12:30 am on the 28th... YAY! (although that means I don't "need" a harlequin shrimp anymore)
 
Well I paid off my credit card and my "local" fish store gets stock in tomorrow :-) I'm going to take the 45 minute drive first thing in the morning and I'll post tomorrow evening/Thursday some time on what I brought home :-D
 
Wow love all the DIY stuff.
Tagging along.
 
YAY! Everything I wanted came...

NewFish051.jpg


First lets start with the fish I got most of... Zebra Darts... I got a few...

S1090054.jpg

NewFish057.jpg

20 of them actually.
NewFish055.jpg
 
Last edited:
My second addition was the Yellow tangs...

One

NewFish063.jpg


Two

NewFish072.jpg


Three

NewFish077.jpg


Four... and Five...

NewFish088.jpg


This was one of my 4 DOA... but I threw it in the tank anyways... and lightning fast a Nassarius snail pops out of the sand...

NewFish094.jpg


This is a live cleaner

NewFish083.jpg


A hermit crab was kinda hungry... he decided to eat a Margarita snail and a couple Nassarius join in on the feast...

S1090056.jpg


And in final... a lousy FTS

NewFish086.jpg
 
Last edited:
In total I got:
20 Zebra Darts
5 Small Yellow Tangs (obviously they shipped 2 small 2small/medium and 1 large)
50 Hermits (2 DOA)
25 small Nassarius Snails
25 Cerith Snails
25 Margarita Snails (1 DOA)
3 Small Cleaner Shrimp (1 DOA)
2 Coral Banded Shrimp
 
I got a Video of my zebras doing some schooling. The darts tend to separate a bit because there isn't enough other fish in the tank... also because they have so many, so they can divide into smaller schools.
[video=youtube;xi-4yN_Paio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-4yN_Paio[/video]
 
Love how they make the tank look much more dynamic...
 
great build , I like the muiltlpe yellow tangs. I had three one dyed. My clown tang is a bully. You also have some great helpers. I like your work shop outside with the couch. Awesome like the old days by the barn
 
I'm glad you guys like it.
Well my darts have chosen their sleeping spot... it's under a rock. I'll see if I can get some video of them going to sleep tomorrow night... I was hoping to get it tonight but they went to be earlier then last night. They now go to sleep while the sun is setting rather then after it's dark.
 
I got a few more corals today... but I came home in the middle of work, I kinda rushed the whole acclamation thing (only 1 1/2 - 2 hours) Plus I'm not sure how they will like my flow... Also my camera still sucks plus I kicked up a ton of junk while putting the corals in... but anyways here they are anyways; because, without pics, it didn't happen.

CoralfromLance076.jpg

CoralfromLance069.jpg

CoralfromLance059.jpg

CoralfromLance058.jpg

CoralfromLance030.jpg

CoralfromLance029.jpg

CoralfromLance024.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new