Snowflake Clown
20210614_083035.jpg

20210616_214235.jpg

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean build! I have same tank but the AIO version. Really like the dimensions of your tank with the external over flow(4 inches more depth than the AIO). Too bad wife won't let me run a sump in living room:(.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I love the leds in the sump, light in there to work is so essential
Super clean, wish I saw yours before I built mine!

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean build! I have same tank but the AIO version. Really like the dimensions of your tank with the external over flow(4 inches more depth than the AIO). Too bad wife won't let me run a sump in living room:(.

Thanks!

Sump is a game changer in terms of water volume and being able to hide equipment. First setup I've had with it. I can definitely see the worry.

I have a couple water alarms to help alert me if anything overflows. One inside the cabinet and also behind the cabinet on the carpet. Extremely loud. A failing ATO will be the culprit if anything happens.

We recently replaced the carpet and had their water vapor padding installed to help as well.

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Sump is a game changer in terms of water volume and being able to hide equipment. First setup I've had with it. I can definitely see the worry.

I have a couple water alarms to help alert me if anything overflows. One inside the cabinet and also behind the cabinet on the carpet. Extremely loud. A failing ATO will be the culprit if anything happens.

We recently replaced the carpet and had their water vapor padding installed to help as well.
Nice. My 32g will be my first setup without sump. Had 120g and 75g before that(both with sump). Good luck with urs.

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. My 32g will be my first setup without sump. Had 120g and 75g before that(both with sump). Good luck with urs.
I'll be following your build.

I hope to build a 120 or larger when we finish our basement. Something built into the wall ad a picture frame if you will. Need to convince the wife.

lagnew904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm building a Fiji 32 as well. Tank should be in this week.

I was looking at the MP10 power heads but they are suggested for 9.5mm glass and to my understanding the Fiji 32 is 10mm. Not sure how secure they will be.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm building a Fiji 32 as well. Tank should be in this week.

I was looking at the MP10 power heads but they are suggested for 9.5mm glass and to my understanding the Fiji 32 is 10mm. Not sure how secure they will be.

mine will def come loose when put into nutrient transport mode.

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine will def come loose when put into nutrient transport mode.
Good to know. I was thinking about getting these originally but went another direction. Will look at these again when I start thinking about upgrading.

Feel like I’d have to cash out some of my crypto to afford these. ;) Half kidding… these suckers are speedy.

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size filter sock are you using? 4 inch diameter but what length?
I used the sock for a bit but was not satisfied. I ended up using the filter floss box that came with the sump and using a filter pad. Link below.

I cut the pad to size and pay attention to maintenance. We’ll see how this keeps up as I add another fish (bartlett anthias) and my first corals. No corals yet but September will likely grab a pulsing xenia first. Taking my time.

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better shot of the tank. Quick video below as the fish are wrapping up feeding time this morning.

SamiTANKS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you did a great job with the plumbing, cable management, and rock work. I just got the same setup in white. Still have to set up the plumbing. Did you have any issues with the drill holes for the door being off? Mine seem to be too crooked even with the Euro hinge adjustments. How much sand did you use for your tank?

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you did a great job with the plumbing, cable management, and rock work. I just got the same setup in white. Still have to set up the plumbing. Did you have any issues with the drill holes for the door being off? Mine seem to be too crooked even with the Euro hinge adjustments. How much sand did you use for your tank?
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the door/hinges were a bit of a pain but was able to get them to work by adjusting the set screws.

I also reinforced the entire cabinet with L brackets. Maybe overkill but why not. Lots of weight is sitting on and inside the cabinet.

I used one 20lb bag of special grade alive reef sand. Link below.

lagnew904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with the clown and yellowtail damsel together? Also how's the skimmer doing for you? I need to get one for my sump been looking for the right size one.

OP
OP
This1Guy

This1Guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with the clown and yellowtail damsel together? Also how's the skimmer doing for you? I need to get one for my sump been looking for the right size one.
The skimmer is working fantastic. I would definitely recommend it.

The damsel and clown work well together. The damsel tries to run the tank but all bark and no bite.

Back