34 Gallon Mixed Tank - First post

Max Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Messages
61
Reaction score
40
Location
Skokie
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have been working on this tank for 4 months now. Its a Red Sea Reefer 170.
I started with a protein skimmer, Filter socks, Light, Heater, and 3 gallon ATO.
I have since upgraded the Filter socks to the Red Sea Reef roller mat, Added a 15 gallon ATO that feeds into the 3 gallon ATO (which feeds via gravity still)
My live stock include 2 Clown, 1 stripped blenny, 3 pajama cardinals, 1 turbo snail, 3 crown snails, and originally 13 blue hermits (I only count about 9 now)

My goal with this tank is to have a colorful assortment of fish but the primary focus is on the corals.

I'm open to any and all feedback/tips.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8606.mp4
    13.9 MB
Tank looks great! You might have a bit of cyano (purple/red) in the back left corner, so that's probably something I'd look at dealing with sooner as opposed to later before it spreads. I have the same external > internal RO setup and it works really great for me.
 
Tank looks great! You might have a bit of cyano (purple/red) in the back left corner, so that's probably something I'd look at dealing with sooner as opposed to later before it spreads. I have the same external > internal RO setup and it works really great for me.
Do you have a preferred or favorite way to deal with cyano?
I spoke with my LFS and he mentioned that its a good indicator that your water needs to be changed or there is a general imbalance and that changing the water and testing then waiting for it go to away is best.
 
Do you have a preferred or favorite way to deal with cyano?
I spoke with my LFS and he mentioned that its a good indicator that your water needs to be changed or there is a general imbalance and that changing the water and testing then waiting for it go to away is best.
If you search on R2R you'll find a few different suggestions on how to best deal with it. Myself, I've never had any cyano so I'm not the best to advise - but keeping up with your water changes and an eye on your water parameters is always a good idea for preventative maintenance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new