34 gallon rimless DIY screen lid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trav7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trav7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 34 deep blue rimless tank. Was going to make a screen lid to do on it just to keep jumpers in. I have an overflow on left hand side that sticks up to the rim. Has anyone successfully went around this? Pictures would be great on how I wanna go at it. Please and thank you... picture below is what tank looks like.


ff8a7e97bd47b2b391c7a5e338d7e416.png
 
If you are going to use the cheap aluminum framing, they make 90 degree corner pieces. But that would make a square shape and you'd have space for fish to jump out.
 
I think it's kinda goofy that the overflow sticks up above the rim. usually it sits a little lower.
 
I think it's kinda goofy that the overflow sticks up above the rim. usually it sits a little lower.

Ya... it is a really strange set up... I think I am going to just go over top of it and not have it sit down in tank. Just hope doesn't look super tacky. Thank you for reply...
 
I'm making a lid for a deep blue soon and it will have a radius cutout for the overflow.
 
It fits very nice on tank. Have to get a couple more 90 to go around my light arm. But very happy with how looks. Now just waiting on screen to come in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new