350 glass cages build

Canopy is fitted, plumbing starts this weekend and then I can move the tank to its final spot and level it out. Tap water leak test to start on Monday hopefully
 

Attachments

  • E7F6E426-87B2-43B0-A5E3-A06E5B84E10B.jpeg
    E7F6E426-87B2-43B0-A5E3-A06E5B84E10B.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 175
leak test complete, no real issues. Emptied and filled wil RODI which took about 3-1/2 days.
Doing a lightless cycle now and still have some cleanup (wires) to complete.
 

Attachments

  • 43C84326-9CDD-4FDF-96EC-DDCC2AA00945.jpeg
    43C84326-9CDD-4FDF-96EC-DDCC2AA00945.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 1B196481-4F9F-4C14-8477-B1484118D5B5.jpeg
    1B196481-4F9F-4C14-8477-B1484118D5B5.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 190
leak test complete, no real issues. Emptied and filled wil RODI which took about 3-1/2 days.
Doing a lightless cycle now and still have some cleanup (wires) to complete.
I don't see any wires. Your system looks amazing.
 
Thank you. There are kind of cropped out of that images.
Good afternoon I saw this post and am currently in the process of building my tank out and curious what your thoughts were on the glass cages tank as well as where you got the aluminum for the stand? I am also in metro Detroit (Novi)
 
Oh that was super simple. I made it like you would a large cabinet door. Then just mounted 20 lb neodymium magnets to keep them from falling forward. They just sit on a lip I made from aluminum angle.
 
Oh that was super simple. I made it like you would a large cabinet door. Then just mounted 20 lb neodymium magnets to keep them from falling forward. They just sit on a lip I made from aluminum angle.
I figured it was something like that. do the doors open interdependently or does the whole thing just slide out/off?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new