36 bowfront and wanting to possibly add 2 radion 15's but set intensity on low. Will I get enough color? Other suggestions for lights!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Please pardon m y ignorance but kind of new at this. I have set up a temporary 36 gallon bowfront. I am seriously considering getting 2 radion 15's. I know that one would probably suffice but I i wll be needing 4 when I upgrade anyway and rather just purchase two now to take the sting off later! Another reason is I cant mount just one with the center brace being in the way. Two looks nicer anyway.

I know that when I turn down the intensity on my 10 gallon it lightens the colors. Like if I turn down greens I get lime. If I turn down red I get pink ect.. so Being I will have to set the intensity way down to 20 or so will I get light blue ect. I never turned the blues down on my 10 so I dont know if I would have gotten light blue but probably. I dont have that light anymore but that was a current orbit.

Am I going to get washed out color if I buy these? I am also considering lots of other lights but thats another post. They are mostly the same wattage as well because I plan to get a 120 gallon later to move them too, or I may keep this or instead get a frag tank or a cube. Every thing is up in the air but I like to keep it higher wattage in case I do move them. I really like noopscype or reef breeders photon. ( dont reall;y like that photon is sits on top but least i would get good coverage ) Jebao has a new light real cheap using cree. Believe it or not I am very impressed with color pop on dsunny popblooms on white lights, its insane! There are quite a few lights using cree lens and osam on ebay Amazon ect but all from China so that scares me, so prefer a company based in america so I can at least call them and not have to ship to China for repair. Not even sure if noopsyce is in america but i see that very popular in here.any suggestions for a good light that dosnt cost an arm and a leg. If I do spend an arm and a leg it would probably be the radions! LOL So if I can run that low and get good color thats a big option. Going crazy trying to decide... I need help~ haha Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me out before I go insane! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks! lol

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't believe what your eyes tell you about the light or spectrum. Get your hands on a PAR meter and you'll know for sure.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back