Need Light Suggestion for 4 ft Tank

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As the title suggests I’m looking for some recommendations for my 4 ft tank.

I currently have a hydra 32 in the middle with an AI prime on each side and I’m not getting enough par. I run a mixed reef but in most areas on the top am getting max 200 par which is a little bit lower than I want.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great lights that have high par and really bring out the color? I’ve been told to get three radion xr30 and run them the width direction… Are Stratons a good option?

Thanks!!!

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As the title suggests I’m looking for some recommendations for my 4 ft tank.

I currently have a hydra 32 in the middle with an AI prime on each side and I’m not getting enough par. I run a mixed reef but in most areas on the top am getting max 200 par which is a little bit lower than I want.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great lights that have high par and really bring out the color? I’ve been told to get three radion xr30 and run them the width direction… Are Stratons a good option?

Thanks!!!
How deep is tank and what kind of settings do you run on the AIs currently? I'd think the hydrs and primes could get higher par directly underneath... A quick way to boost par would be to add some fill lights in... like AI blades or reefbrites...

I run 2 XR30s and an XR15 with reefbrites as fill lights... 50% intensity at a modified AB+ schedule... i'm 300+ easy 6 in under surface

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is tank and what kind of settings do you run on the AIs currently? I'd think the hydrs and primes could get higher par directly underneath... A quick way to boost par would be to add some fill lights in... like AI blades or reefbrites...

I run 2 XR30s and an XR15 with reefbrites as fill lights... 50% intensity at a modified AB+ schedule... i'm 300+ easy 6 in under surface
It’s the Red Sea 350 so about 21 inches height I believe. I have my primes and hydra on over 100% for blues and only barely there.

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am liking my Orphek Atlantik Icons at the moment. I have 2 over a Reefer 350. Very even spread, lots of control, lots of par. I have them mounted 13.5in above the water and set to 35% and getting 260ish par in top 6 inches of water and 160ish in sandbed. Max settings was over 1000 par 6in below water. AI Blades seem like a great, more cost effective option with your current set up.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add 2 blades to your tank youll be happy, I have 1 over my 30g. mine is set at 65% power and ive got 200 par on the rocks about 8" onder the water line. I have mine on the raised legs. Unless you want or need to spend $2800+ on the 30s. If you just want new lights try looking at Reefi, 2 of those would be $1000. I will be running one on my 85 cube. I played with it for about an hour to see what it could do with the 120 lens and set at 100% i was getting par readings of over 500 at 12" depth. Its 11" off the water surface.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back