36 inch wide lights help please

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 75 gallon sps reef using the brs hybrid system. Tank measures 36x24x19. I planned on doing 2 T5 fixtures front and back for fill lighting. My questions is would 1 XR30 g4 or 2 XR15 be the best led option? I can mount the lights as high off the tank as needed. I can use diffusers or not use them. Need help Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.

OP
OP
O

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No center brace. The tank is an Nuvo EXT 75.
Diffuser or no diffuser?

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get a much better spread using the two XR 15's rather than one XR 30 as you will be able to position the 15's better or wider apart if needed

OP
OP
O

Onajoyride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kinda what I was thinking too. Is a diffuser ideal or needed with the latest gen of radions? I plan on renting a par meter to get it all set correctly. I just want to buy what is best, set it up and not think about if its ideal down the road.
You will get a much better spread using the two XR 15's rather than one XR 30 as you will be able to position the 15's better or wider apart if needed

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.6%
Back