36X36X24 120G cube build

Finally got the tank setup. I paused the project for 6 months as I usually lose interest on this hobby during summer time. I’m glad that I got the tank done in this year.

Updates:
1. Finished the plumbing. I originally want to build a manifold but decide to go with a simple return to begin with, it saves a lot of plumbing work
2. Leak tested, there were leaks on the bulkhead of the return pipe on the sump, I use silicone to seal it


Next steps:
1. Cycle the tank
2. Migrate my old tank

IMG_9785.jpeg IMG_9769.jpeg IMG_9768.jpeg IMG_9764.jpeg
What stand is that? Is that one you built or ordered?
 
That’s a serious water changing station! Love those color PVCs and Vectra pump - very clean!

How’s the DT?
Thanks! DT is cycling , it got some sun light every morning so the water is very green now. I’m considering adding some pods to each the green stuff when cycling is done
 
It’s a long and painful process but worth it in the end; very glad you’re not rushing things and taking it slow. Great idea on pods. I got the $99 special from Algae Barn and dump them all in prior to introducing any fish. You should have some rocks in the sump otherwise all pods will be decimated in a few months.
 
It’s a long and painful process but worth it in the end; very glad you’re not rushing things and taking it slow. Great idea on pods. I got the $99 special from Algae Barn and dump them all in prior to introducing any fish. You should have some rocks in the sump otherwise all pods will be decimated in a few months.
Yeah the 4 bottle special from Algae barn is great, I used to do it for my small tank, but after a few weeks I cannot see them any more.

How's your pods population? I'm thinking maybe I should have a separate pods incubation tank to keep the population. pods in the main tank will get killed by UV.
 
Yeah the 4 bottle special from Algae barn is great, I used to do it for my small tank, but after a few weeks I cannot see them any more.

How's your pods population? I'm thinking maybe I should have a separate pods incubation tank to keep the population. pods in the main tank will get killed by UV.
Come to think of out, I actually split the 4 bottles across 2 tanks. Pods are still alive; however, a lot more on my frag tank since I have a lot of rocks in the sump and a lot less fish! The main tank still got some pods left since I have 22 fish. There are some in the sump and I might need to put more rocks. I run UV (40w on 93gal, 114w ơn 450gal) and I don’t think it kills pods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new