3D Printed 5 Gal. Aquarium

So after several attempts and slight tweaking of the model, I was finally able to print some small loc-line that would work with my outputs. Approx size is 7mm. Still have a little tweaking to do to the print. Going to try and get a higher resolution print.
IMG_0040.jpg
 
Last edited:
IMG_20190709_185008812_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190709_185008812_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190709_184837389.jpg
IMG_20190709_184850247.jpg


IMG_20190709_184921207.jpg


Almost done, have to print a few more components and finish building the refugium light.
What would you guys add, change or modify on this set up? I'm curious to see what people would do differently.

Well not much to add but for those Star Wars fans, definate Death Star Reef potential here. Maybe in a slightly larger round bowl. Heck I know I'd shell out for it, @Crabs McJones what do you think??
 
This thread is awesome! I am a printer and aquarium nerd, but I do not have your CAD skills! Very impressive work.
 
This is really cool!! How am I just now seeing this!?
 
Looks very well thought out.

Thanks,

Looking back on this project. One of the most difficult parts was designing the filter to hug the radius of the glass and have a clean mating point.

Because its such a small system, its very tricky to access, but maintenance is easy and straight forward. To clean the glass or stick your hand into the tank, you have to drain about 25% of the water or you will overflow the tank. Nano tanks are neat, but definitely require more attention than a bigger system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new