3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

ReefVibe.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

We are working on bringing back the "Master List" of 3D print files for the hobbyist and will be working on gathering links and data over the next few days. This will be a living document and things may change as we move along, but the intent is to provide a source for commonly used files for all our members to enjoy.

A couple of quick notes to get use started.

- If you have something you would like to include, please reply to this post or PM me and I will add it to the list. I can include your username if you would like in case anyone has any questions, etc.
- All included items will be for hobby/personal use only.
- If you have a commercial item you would like to include, you can contact revhtree to discuss options.
- If I post a link to an item and you own it and you do not want it included just PM me and I will remove it.
- I will try and categorize items to the best of my ability.
- This is for the community, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I will try to keep up with this thread as new items become available.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting this going again.

Boost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance Items

Equipment Mount Items

Fragging Items

Pumps and Filtration

Controller Related Items

Tools

Misc.

Do you by any chance have the file to print the Neptune GRO light shade?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remixed some clothespins to fit over the tank/sump divider in an IM 20 AIO. I made them to hold some mesh (from a BRS DIY screen top kit) across the overflow/weirs. I'm sure they'd work in plenty of other tanks/overflows as well. If not, some quick scaling in your slicer can probably get it close enough to work.

catinthehat3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remixed some clothespins to fit over the tank/sump divider in an IM 20 AIO. I made them to hold some mesh (from a BRS DIY screen top kit) across the overflow/weirs. I'm sure they'd work in plenty of other tanks/overflows as well. If not, some quick scaling in your slicer can probably get it close enough to work.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 6 pieces, 2 foot long and 9” tall, drops in to a 50 low boy frag tank. Got a guy opening a fish store and gonna put these in all his coral tanks. This thing is massive!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 6 pieces, 2 foot long and 9” tall, drops in to a 50 low boy frag tank. Got a guy opening a fish store and gonna put these in all his coral tanks. This thing is massive!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
i don't see how to use it, what's that print?

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a refugium with a spot for a filter sock. that would be internal to a low boy frag tank.

JMLprecision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on this right now, still surprised nobody does it already.
I've got models that are easily customizable for different dimensions and cut-out shapes. I have a model of the prong on screen corners that can easily be added to any shape needed for any shape/size of cover or cut-out.
The feeding hatch is soon to come...

If you let me know cut-out dimensions you need, I can modify these designs and send you .STL files for 3D-printing.

Some pictures of what I've designed:
1649964783611.png

1649964799269.png

1649964858574.png

1649964881335.png
Hey Soren, I’m looking for STL files for so pieces similar to these. Can I PM you?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
It looks like there are a lot of internal cavities filled with infill. Those may become problematic when they fill with detritus. Not only that but it seems pretty excessive when acrylic or even craft-knife cuttable extruded pvc sheets are so easy to use to accomplish the same thing in way less time.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like there are a lot of internal cavities filled with infill. Those may become problematic when they fill with detritus. Not only that but it seems pretty excessive when acrylic or even craft-knife cuttable extruded pvc sheets are so easy to use to accomplish the same thing in way less time.
this is exactly what i was looking for thank you. the most attractive aspect of 3d printed in place of acrylic would be the different colors, but as i type this i now wonder and assume there are probably sheets of colored acrylic. lol. the overflow slots i could definitely make a little wider, it hasnt been wet yet but it will this week, setting it up in a 50 low boy. the other little spot coming out of the sock holder was designed for a bag of carbon, there would be a lot of water flowing through it but im thinking it should be removed or redone as it did not print very well unless a ton of support. also want to remove the sock holder part and make a 7th piece that would be a removable sock holder that snaps into the top right piece. it is a crap ton of plastic, between the 6 pieces I went through almost 2000 grams of plastic. if i can get them perfected, the drop in AIO filters that you can buy are closer to the $150 range. Theres definitely a profit margin there and still undercutting the industry standard's relative AIO price for its size. i am going to cut about 15 of the 20 mm off of the panel that separates the tank from the filtering area, that was way too fat and unneccessary

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be wedged or glued into the tank? Everything I print just floats away unless (until) I find a way to attach it to something or weigh it down.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be wedged or glued into the tank? Everything I print just floats away unless (until) I find a way to attach it to something or weigh it down.
ideally the three pieces will be glued/epoxy/siliconed to the bottom of the tank, and the baffle pieces would slide into and out of the braces that are permanently affixed.

as far as getting stuff to stay submerged, I have found if you print with gyroid infill anywhere between 5-15% , and cut a small hole in the top and the bottom, the interior of your print will fill with water and help it to stay submerged. If you are printing objects small enough, like a frag plug, print it with some obnoxious amount of walls like 50 and it will print with no voids on the inside but similar to a plastic mold you would buy at a store. these items always sink for me

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 77 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back